Staniforth Road Police incident

14 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

Zahira is extremely active across Sheffield and its communities promoting togetherness, equality, bonding, inclusion and more.

She is one of the good ones and put herself forward as a candidate for councillor to try to help and make a difference. She’s certainly very active as a councillor whilst also working for a number of charities and community organisations and volunteering across a spectrum of roles across all of the city. She doesn’t like to take the limelight too much, but does so much behind the scenes.

Doesn't look like its working.

Just now, SheffieldForum said:

Maybe not for you, perhaps because you are entrenched in your views?

No judging by the events of the last few weeks alone, one of which led to a large number of innocent people being hospitalised.

22 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Not sure how people are expecting one elected local official on an allowance of maybe £20k a year to solve the problem tbh

From Google 

Sheffield councillors receive a basic allowance of £12,678 and this can be topped up with a special responsibility allowance if they hold a senior position. Last year Coun Julie Dore earned an extra £15,028 on top of her basic allowance when she was Leader while Cabinet members received an extra £9,807.18 May 2021

Not much at all really is it. 

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

From Google 

Sheffield councillors receive a basic allowance of £12,678 and this can be topped up with a special responsibility allowance if they hold a senior position. Last year Coun Julie Dore earned an extra £15,028 on top of her basic allowance when she was Leader while Cabinet members received an extra £9,807.18 May 2021

Not much at all really is it. 

It's nothing for the commitment they give, the hours they do and the hassle they get (and ignorance they encounter).

There are far easier ways of earning a crust, if these people were simply in it for the money.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

It's nothing for the commitment they give, the hours they do and the hassle they get (and ignorance they encounter).

There are far easier ways of earning a crust, if these people were simply in it for the money.

From what I've recently heard yeah, she seems very active. I wish my local Councillor was as active. He never even bothers to reply to emails. I wish Zahira well, she's got the right attitude but then realistically how much can she actually do at local councillor level? 

The problems Darnall etc face need to be tackled at government level in my view. However, successive governments have shown how little they care about things like this.

Big on words.

Little when it comes to action. Let's hope that changes eventually. 

• Like 2