Staniforth Road Police incident

39 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Not sure how people are expecting one elected local official on an allowance of maybe £20k a year to solve the problem tbh

Why state that she is then?

1 minute ago, Top4719 said:

Why state that she is then?

She's doing more than you, I will guarantee you that.

Nobody is claiming she is changing it all herself, but she is doing the right things and definitely moving things forward - engaging with the communities, building activities, promoting togetherness and inclusion, working with the third sector to create opportunities.

Meanwhile, you're sat on your arse sniping from the sidelines for the sake of it.

• SheffieldForum changed the title to Staniforth Road Police incident
5 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

She's doing more than you, I will guarantee you that.

Nobody is claiming she is changing it all herself, but she is doing the right things and definitely moving things forward - engaging with the communities, building activities, promoting togetherness and inclusion, working with the third sector to create opportunities.

Meanwhile, you're sat on your arse sniping from the sidelines for the sake of it.

It's not my field I do well enough in my own thanks.

11 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

So what is the immediate solution to these problems some areas have  ? 

Heavy police presence.

Stop and search.

Financial incentives if people grass on the scum who carry knives.

Serious education in schools about the dangers of carrying a knife.

And the big one..... Build more prisons, give out proper sentences that will act as a deterrent and make them serve the full sentence with no time off. These prisons should be functional and not too comfortable. 

Make them work hard for their upkeep by growing their own food, maintaining the prison grounds, fixing their own clothes etc.

• Like 1

Just now, The_DADDY said:

Heavy police presence.

Stop and search.

Financial incentives if people grass on the scum who carry knives.

Serious education in schools about the dangers of carrying a knife.

And the big one..... Build more prisons, give out proper sentences that will act as a deterrent and make them serve the full sentence with no time off. These prisons should be functional and not too comfortable. 

Make them work hard for their upkeep by growing their own food, maintaining the prison grounds, fixing their own clothes etc.

A good leathering would be a start . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

A good leathering would be a start . 

Normally I'd agree matey but violence to these people is a fact of every day life.

They need taking away from normal society so we are safe. 

Then giving a good leathering in my humble opinion 👍 

5 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Normally I'd agree matey but violence to these people is a fact of every day life.

They need taking away from normal society so we are safe. 

Then giving a good leathering in my humble opinion 👍 

Joking aside, this bloke knows who stabbed him , his friends know who stabbed him , the “community “ knows who stabbed him . They should all help the Police . 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Joking aside, this bloke knows who stabbed him , his friends know who stabbed him , the “community “ knows who stabbed him . They should all help the Police . 

I totally agree mate. A lot of communities just close ranks. Its ridiculous as that helps no one. That's why I'd lean towards a heavier handed approach but offer the cash incentives. Go in Mob handed and target the problem residents, get them in custody and move to the next scroat. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I totally agree mate. A lot of communities just close ranks. Its ridiculous as that helps no one. That's why I'd lean towards a heavier handed approach but offer the cash incentives. Go in Mob handed and target the problem residents, get them in custody and move to the next scroat. 

:thumbsup: