Staniforth Road Police incident

1 minute ago, mafya said:

Integration is a two way thing, running off because the area has a few too many immigrants living there otherwise known as white flight does not help because there are no indigenous people around the area to show the immigrants how to live the British way of life.

My bold 

Yeah but it's not just a few though and you know that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold 

Yeah but it's not just a few though and you know that. 

If the people didn’t start moving then the houses wouldn’t become available for etbnics to rent or buy.

Just now, mafya said:

If the people didn’t start moving then the houses wouldn’t become available for etbnics to rent or buy.

Ah, so councils/housing associations have nothing to do with it then it's just frightened white people running away. OK. 

Look, I don't want to argue with you mafya, as it goes I actually like you when you aren't picking on me 

But to say entire white communities ran off because a few too many foreigners moved in is ridiculous. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mafya said:

Integration is a two way thing, running off because the area has a few too many immigrants living there otherwise known as white flight does not help because there are no indigenous people around the area to show the immigrants how to live the British way of life.

“ A few too many “ . 

12 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Ah, so councils/housing associations have nothing to do with it then it's just frightened white people running away. OK. 

Look, I don't want to argue with you mafya, as it goes I actually like you when you aren't picking on me 

But to say entire white communities ran off because a few too many foreigners moved in is ridiculous. 

Take page hall for example, my parents bought our house in 1980 and most are privately owned. Over the next decade the English people slowly started moving away. I’m not having a go at English people I’m giving you my opinion based on experience so I do t see why you have put you don’t want to argue with you for.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

“ A few too many “ . 

And this is the exact conclusion they come to and then decide to move to a different area…

And this is the exact conclusion they come to and then decide to move to a different area…

Why did people quite happily live with people from the West Indies , Jamaica and others?  Why did they decide to leave later ? 

• Like 1

Take page hall for example, my parents bought our house in 1980 and most are privately owned. Over the next decade the English people slowly started moving away. I’m not having a go at English people I’m giving you my opinion based on experience 

Snipped 

I have no real experience of page halls history so I'll bow to your superior knowledge there but what about Gleadless for example? 

A mainly council estate I lived on for years. Mostly white by a huge margin when I lived there less than 20 years ago. I went back recently and driving through its changed so much I hardly recognise it. Who decides who gets a council house?

The council. 

Who decides who gets a housing association house?

The housing associations. When migrants come here I belive they get priority so it's not just about frightened white people selling up because they don't like brown folk. 

18 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I have no real experience of page halls history so I'll bow to your superior knowledge there but what about Gleadless for example? 

A mainly council estate I lived on for years. Mostly white by a huge margin when I lived there less than 20 years ago. I went back recently and driving through its changed so much I hardly recognise it. Who decides who gets a council house?

The council. 

Who decides who gets a housing association house?

The housing associations. When migrants come here I belive they get priority so it's not just about frightened white people selling up because they don't like brown folk. 

Good old Gleadless valley, I bought a 3 bed maisonette on there about 15 yrs ago off an Asian guy I know quite cheap because he had his windows put through numerous times.

Im not saying white flight is to blame for all of it and to be honest I can understand why some feel the need to move away.

Immigration is a complex issue but one thing I will say is that division and hatred is not the way forward.

I moved to Southey 2 years ago, I’ve had a couple of incidents from local ********s who I have put right and my car was stolen in the middle of the afternoon by a local idiot in one of the gangs but guess what?

Even though they were of English ethnicity I don’t fear or hate English people and I just look at it as part of how society is today.

I also have an issue with how some immigrants who come to this country behave but I don’t stereotype all immigr@nuts as the same plus I’m also of the opinion that we need to get the immigr@tion system under control because it is impacting on the lives of people who like myself h@ve lived here for decades but I have managed to say that without being offensive or saying  sink the boats etc etc.

I blame the Govt because immigration is a money spinner for then, some of the fees they charge for visas, applications to stay etc etc.

As a country we need to be able to discuss immigration in a grown up way without being offensive and we would realise that even some immigrants who have been here 10-15 years themselves are of the opinion that the system needs to change.

• Like 3