Mortar or Lime Mortar?

2 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Three sand to  one cement ,    Hackthe joint out at least half an inch . wet wall  before pointing .  do it right it will last a hundred years 

Thank you for that cuttsie 👍

9 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Thank you for that cuttsie 👍

We have done miles of it , the grinding out gets on your chest , but it must be done ,  if not its called hanging on and will not last two years .

Looks like you've got a hairline crack down the brickwork possibly due to a bit of subsisdence, if you repoint it and it happens again a brick stitching kit with helical bars might be worth considering.

1 hour ago, Top4719 said:

Looks like you've got a hairline crack down the brickwork possibly due to a bit of subsisdence, if you repoint it and it happens again a brick stitching kit with helical bars might be worth considering.

I also think there has been some slight movement after looking at the picture, I had similar on my last house but after 8 years it didn’t re appear so like you said might be worth just keeping an eye on it..