2 for the Euros - 2024 version

14 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Oh well, at least the rest of us can cheer on England and not have mixed feelings, part of them hoping "their" team beats us so thay can share the honour of winning the competition!

I don't normally quote myself, but from it you can see that I mis-read Padders.  I knew that there were 2 of you still in the competition .  Sorry that that was overlooked, and that I did not react and correct our fellow poster.  As an impartial observer (since my 2 were cruelly knocked out), I still hope England win!  If it's anywhere near as good a match as last night, I think we're all in for a treat!

1 hour ago, Thirsty Relic said:

I don't normally quote myself, but from it you can see that I mis-read Padders.  I knew that there were 2 of you still in the competition .  Sorry that that was overlooked, and that I did not react and correct our fellow poster.  As an impartial observer (since my 2 were cruelly knocked out), I still hope England win!  If it's anywhere near as good a match as last night, I think we're all in for a treat!

Full house (not bingo) expected tonight Thirsty, don't be late pal......

1 hour ago, wearysmith said:

I'm on a countdown.

image.jpeg.021769c1c126716a4cc316c1aeb31c8f.jpeg

that looks like a lot of bubbles on the inside of the glass (possibly suds?).  More rinsing after washing the glass needed perhaps?  Don't have too many of them though - if so you may be asleep and miss extra time and the penalties!

30 minutes ago, Delbow said:

If that's a penalty, then what is the point of football?

Look at it this way, if that happened anywhere but in the penalty area it would have been an instant free kick.

Why should it b e any different?.

31 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Not a penalty - not a free kick either as the player is entitled to go for the ball.  No intent to foul, just going for the ball or to block the shot.

He went in with his studs, foul all day.

1 hour ago, Alextopman said:

Look at it this way, if that happened anywhere but in the penalty area it would have been an instant free kick.

Why should it b e any different?.

Because defenders have to be able to try to block shots in the area. And he didn't 'go in with his studs', the ball was fairly high and he tried to block it. If they're gonna give pens for that, may as well ban defenders from the area and games can finish 11-10.