2 for the Euros - 2024 version

1 hour ago, Alextopman said:

So you now concede the studs are showing now.

A ‘studs up’ tackle is considered to be violent conduct and made when a player lunges into a tackle with a leg or both legs outstretched exposing the soles of their boots, referees are encouraged to brand players who commit such challenges with a red card.

I really hoped to see a rematch Spain v Netherlands final

44 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

A  high kick is not against the rules, a high challenge with studs is.

Yeah I get that distinction so that is a fair point. The laws talk about high feet in relation to overhead kicks etc, I do think it's massively stretching a point to say that Dumfries's was dangerous play though. Defenders already have to run around with their hands behind their backs in the box, so if they're not allowed to raise their feet then really what is point? 

43 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Yeah I get that distinction so that is a fair point. The laws talk about high feet in relation to overhead kicks etc, I do think it's massively stretching a point to say that Dumfries's was dangerous play though. Defenders already have to run around with their hands behind their backs in the box, so if they're not allowed to raise their feet then really what is point? 

Raising their feet and going in stud first is the issue.

10 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/jul/12/watching-england-will-be-another-grievous-ordeal-but-sit-back-and-soak-up-the-vibes

The Guardian just can't do an article on the success of the England team or their fans without it turning into a xenophobic circle jerk.

Why do they dislike England so much.

England are supreme?