2 for the Euros - 2024 version

I rate Southgate on a par with when Ron Greenwood was in charge of the England team; deathly dull, tactically. I hope to God the world isn't yawning after the first 25 minutes. Please please please can we play this match like we have a clue? I can live with losing, but lose playing passionately.
Hoping I'm waaayyyy wrong, but a 0-0 draw?

2 hours ago, wearysmith said:

I rate Southgate on a par with when Ron Greenwood was in charge of the England team; deathly dull, tactically. I hope to God the world isn't yawning after the first 25 minutes. Please please please can we play this match like we have a clue? I can live with losing, but lose playing passionately.
Hoping I'm waaayyyy wrong, but a 0-0 draw?

1-0 win but absolutely dreadful performance, typical Southgate.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Top4719 said:

1-0 win but absolutely dreadful performance, typical Southgate.

Nothing will change until Southgate leaves.

He doesn't know how fo use the talent and where to play key players. 

Foden isn't a left winger- needs to drop out and he needed to play Eze.

Palmer and Bellingham in middle makes more sense to me. It won't be long when the fans will be singing  "we're coming home ".

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Baz1 said:

Nothing will change until Southgate leaves.

He doesn't know how fo use the talent and where to play key players. 

Foden isn't a left winger- needs to drop out and he needed to play Eze.

Palmer and Bellingham in middle makes more sense to me. It won't be long when the fans will be singing  "we're coming home ".

Eze deserves a start he finished the season bang inform, Bowen and Gallagher finished out the game well, Kane look sluggish hopefully he'll spark into life sooner rather than later

• Like 1

On 16/06/2024 at 12:13, Baron99 said:

I'll go a nervy 1 - 0 to England. 

I wasn't wrong then. 

But let's take a positive out of the game.  It was the top two in the group playing each other & England finished with the 3 points. 

I'd expect an easier game against the Danes but after that I fear for them in the knockout stages, especially as Bellingham will now be a marked man.  Take him out of the game, I can't see the what England have to offer?  So much for Foden, Rice & Saka.  Kane's ineffective if he has to drop into midfield to pick the ball up. 

Don't forget the club that Southgate has picked the majority of players from for the squad?  That top England Premiership club, Crystal Palace. 

Denmark 0 - England 3.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Don't forget the club that Southgate has picked the majority of players from for the squad?  That top England Premiership club, Crystal Palace.

Good point - I just wish he'd have had the brain cells to pick a genuine left footed left-back to give the team genuine balance.  My choice? Tyrick Mitchell, who also plays for Palace, yet for some reason didn't even make the squad!

Edited by Thirsty Relic
  • Like 1