2 for the Euros - 2024 version

7 hours ago, ukdobby said:

If Bellingham had scored it heโ€™d be sir Jude.

And Hey Jude by the Beatles would be re- released.

12 hours ago, ukdobby said:

2 women at side of pitch,1 says roof being shut is effecting England.๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

It's no more a stupid comment than that given by Southgate when quizzed aboutย Alexander-Arnold.ย 

ย 

"It's not what he does with the ball but what he does for the majority of the game when he doesn't have the ball."

ย 

Gareth!ย  GARETH!ย  Pick me Gareth! I'll guarantee I'll run around for 90 mins & not touch the ball.ย  You'll be proud of me.ย 

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

It's no more a stupid comment than that given by Southgate when quizzed aboutย Alexander-Arnold.ย 

ย 

"It's not what he does with the ball but what he does for the majority of the game when he doesn't have the ball."

ย 

Gareth!ย  GARETH!ย  Pick me Gareth! I'll guarantee I'll run around for 90 mins & not touch the ball.ย  You'll be proud of me.ย 

In the interview he was moaning that he's not found a Kalvin Philips replacement ๐Ÿ˜•ย ย 

ย 

Absolutely nonsense,ย  he's had plenty of time and talks about "we're still experimenting" ๐Ÿ˜†ย  FFS you're in a major tournament, they're not friendlies!

ย 

Southgate isn't up to the job, no acumen or tactics to manage a talentedย  group of players.ย 

8 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

That performance has sealed his fate.

ย 

Dead man walking now.

You never know with these prehistoric FA bosses- might even extend his contract like they did after the last tournament failure.ย 

Trouble being is that there isnโ€™t an English football genius around to replace Gareth, who has tried his best, but he ainโ€™t it. Would Jurgen Klopp be interested, and could he motivate a whole squad of English player, who knows?

54 minutes ago, Baz1 said:

You never know with these prehistoric FA bosses- might even extend his contract like they did after the last tournament failure.ย 

Failure is harsh.

ย 

We were a penalty kick away from taking France to extra time and a penalty kick away from winning the last Euros

ย 

However the performances are now absolutely dire and the players look restless and ****** off.

ย 

He is toastย 

I've always liked Southgate, but as usual we got managers who talk well in meetings, with hierarchy, and with the press.ย  Sadly, I think he's lost the plot.ย  No rehersed understudy for Luke Shaw or Maguire, very lucky to have stumbled on Guehi as a decent replacent for Maguire, relying on one-footed misfit Trippier, the disaster of playing Trent A-A as a defensive midfieder, and bowing to the press to play Foden wide (instead of Eze or Gordon) as a winger when we need width on both flanks.

ย 

The sad thing is, I can't think of a decent replacement who may want the job.ย  Would Howe be any better?ย  Would he want to leave Newcastle?ย  If not, who else?

On 20/06/2024 at 18:05, ukdobby said:

2 women at side of pitch,1 says roof being shut is effecting England.๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

The X Footballer Commentators sound terrible ieย  Shearer, Mcoist and co,ย  I don't mind Women commentating on Womens matches but they sound awful commentating Mens matches.ย  John Motson and David Coleman were my favourites.ย