another big car crash near meadowhead

59 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Probably down to inexperience. 

What was needed was older, more experienced tarmac then none of this would have happened  

Grrrrr SSC :rant:

Nowt finer than an old lump of tarmac !

16 hours ago, bassett one said:

another crash on greenhill main road near meadowhead ,new tarmac believed to have caused the smash ,car a mess inc traffic signs

Did it involve a car turning right from Greenhill Main Road onto Greenmail Ave?

• 2 months later...

yet another big crash outside the cricket ground ,with a car turned on its roof how many now in the last 12 months 20-30 some one will get killed there,hope they do something before they build the football ground

38 minutes ago, bassett one said:

yet another big crash outside the cricket ground ,with a car turned on its roof how many now in the last 12 months 20-30 some one will get killed there,hope they do something before they build the football ground

Same old same old

17 hours ago, bassett one said:

Damn you're right... that big Give Way sign and cars driving towards you... so easy to miss...

Hopefully these people get sent on a hazard awareness course before they're allowed to buy another car 🙄

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.3266944,-1.4760109,3a,75y,287.75h,78.75t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sjWu6ImzgSp9JyEKdllwzdA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?coh=205409&entry=ttu

59 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

Damn you're right... that big Give Way sign and cars driving towards you... so easy to miss...

Hopefully these people get sent on a hazard awareness course before they're allowed to buy another car 🙄

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.3266944,-1.4760109,3a,75y,287.75h,78.75t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sjWu6ImzgSp9JyEKdllwzdA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?coh=205409&entry=ttu

I do completely agree with the sentiment that we have a lot of drivers on our roads who seem to lack some basic concentration, perception, control etc. when it comes to a lot of junctions (see also bus gates etc.), but it does have to be said that when you have a common pattern that keeps coming up again and again, it is worth asking what can be done about a junction design, etc.

The Dutch are very good at this. You can trust in self-determination behind the wheel up to a point, but if there is a way you can design issues out of a piece of road infrastructure then do that, too. Remove the possibility of error altogether. It seems like the Greenhill Avenue junction does have an obvious issue there - a red light on the westbound side of Greenhill Main Road which sends a misleading impression to the right-turners that the whole road might be on a red light, even though that isn't the case for the eastbound side.

The only thorough solution I would say is either a full set of traffic lights with phases, or do actually make it so that the crossing on the eastbound side shows red at the same time as the westbound - in line with the impression some people get now.

Yes, it's money that could be spent elsewhere if you could trust in people to simply pay attention to signs, but that is the reality of driving and road design...

• Like 1