Becoming A Dad, The Most Meaningful Thing That I've Ever Done. Parent Or Not, Share Your Thoughts.

3 hours ago, Bellatrix said:

Never had children.  Never wanted them.  The idea of having a tiny nubbin of utter helplessness entirely dependant on you is quite frankly terrifying, even more so the prospect of trying to raise that nubbin to be a happy, secure, confident and independent adult.  Hats off to all those courageous souls who've done it.

For new Mothers, after childbirth, maybe maternal instinct and feelings of love fuelled by a surge of hormones kicks in to help the process. That's unless you get the 'Baby blues' I'm no expert, just thoughts off the top of my head. It certainly isn't easy at first though. (Speaking as a father)

2 hours ago, Draggletail said:

Don't believe a word, so funny though  😂 Just a thought, Mr Draggletail sounds so formal. I'm happy with "Draggle" Up to you of course Mr Padders! 😉

We used to go to Butlins on holiday.

At night we'd go out for a drink.

I used to treat them to a bottle of pop, and a packet of crisps, then say to them "Make it last all night"

Their still complaining!

7 minutes ago, Padders said:

We used to go to Butlins on holiday.

At night we'd go out for a drink.

I used to treat them to a bottle of pop, and a packet of crisps, then say to them "Make it last all night"

Their still complaining!

A bottle of pop and a packet of crisps each? 😲

1 hour ago, Draggletail said:

For new Mothers, after childbirth, maybe maternal instinct and feelings of love fuelled by a surge of hormones kicks in to help the process. That's unless you get the 'Baby blues' I'm no expert, just thoughts off the top of my head. It certainly isn't easy at first though. (Speaking as a father)

Sex gives you a nice burst of oxytocin too, and that's way more fun.

Mine was an intellectual decision, so it would never have got to the stage of the hormones kicking in.  I don't regret it, but I'd be lying if I said there isn't a touch of melancholy at having missed out. 

But then again, this is me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bellatrix said:

Sex gives you a nice burst of oxytocin too, and that's way more fun.

Mine was an intellectual decision, so it would never have got to the stage of the hormones kicking in.  I don't regret it, but I'd be lying if I said there isn't a touch of melancholy at having missed out. 

But then again, this is me.

I had a look at your art on your website, you're very talented.  Sorry that you have some underlying melancholy. There's something that I'd change in life if I had a magic wand. Life and that...

Well, being a Dad just got better. 

I just found out what the kids have bought for Father's Day.

They've only gone and got me a Sega Saturn. Wooooohooooooooo 😁

I know I'm old.

I know I don't play games anymore but it's going to be a blast from the past and I can't wait

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Draggletail said:

I had a look at your art on your website, you're very talented.  Sorry that you have some underlying melancholy. There's something that I'd change in life if I had a magic wand. Life and that...

Oh no, the artist isn't me.  That's an excellent cartoonist (who incidentally now has a child, so who's presumably recanted his previous views) who's been producing The Oatmeal for a while now.

I'm the woman in the cartoon on the right, the one running from the squawking goblin babies  :D .

• Haha 1