Becoming A Dad, The Most Meaningful Thing That I've Ever Done. Parent Or Not, Share Your Thoughts.

20 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Well, being a Dad just got better. 

I just found out what the kids have bought for Father's Day.

They've only gone and got me a Sega Saturn. Wooooohooooooooo 😁

I know I'm old.

I know I don't play games anymore but it's going to be a blast from the past and I can't wait

That's great, what thoughtful kids! 💜 Have fun! :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Bellatrix said:

Tried to send you a message, @Draggletail but the system says you can't receive them.  Couldn't edit my previous post to add this either, so apologies for clogging up your thread with OT stuff.

No apologies necessary! I'll go  

look at my settings, I always used to be able to receive messages!

On 13/06/2024 at 22:57, Padders said:

You are very fortunate to have two boys Mr. Draggletail.

I'm cursed with two daughters who still "Think" their teenagers.

I have to do as I'm told, their bossy and manipulative, and if I don't comply with their orders, I'm put on the naughty step..

I call them the "Ungrateful's"

I'm fortunate enough to have a fortune stashed away, and they can't wait to get their grubby hands on it.

They make me do dangerous things in the hope of polishing me off.

Next thing on their agenda is a gentle stroll (they tell me) up Mt. Snowdon.

Then it's a week of hell in September.  Benidorm.

This Sunday it's dinnertime at my youngest, a plate as big as a bin lid stuffed with un-imaginable food, hoping I'll explode.

Funny thing is, when they want me to help them (which is often) they get all lovey dovey, Daaaadddyy can you do me this!

Kids, who'd have em.......

Just caught up with this thread. Watch the mushrooms Padders!

Never wanted kids. Hated em with a passion, still do. Loathed being surrounded by them at school.  However, I’ve known a lass since she was 6, she’s now 50. She was the daughter of a couple who were on the buses with me in my Sheffield years. I used to babysit very occasionally. We’ve stayed in touch, or to be perfectly accurate she’s stayed in touch with me. I’m bad at that sort of thing.

She lost her parents some time ago, and has just had the all clear from breast cancer. Thing is….although she’s married to a good bloke, with kids, I’ve “been there” for her during her illness. She sent me a thank you card with a deeply personal message and now I’m thinking did I do the right thing not being a Dad?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

Just caught up with this thread. Watch the mushrooms Padders!

Never wanted kids. Hated em with a passion, still do. Loathed being surrounded by them at school.  However, I’ve known a lass since she was 6, she’s now 50. She was the daughter of a couple who were on the buses with me in my Sheffield years. I used to babysit very occasionally. We’ve stayed in touch, or to be perfectly accurate she’s stayed in touch with me. I’m bad at that sort of thing.

She lost her parents some time ago, and has just had the all clear from breast cancer. Thing is….although she’s married to a good bloke, with kids, I’ve “been there” for her during her illness. She sent me a thank you card with a deeply personal message and now I’m thinking did I do the right thing not being a Dad?

Tbh if you're asking yourself this in later life then yes, you probably did do the right thing 👍

2 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Tbh if you're asking yourself this in later life then yes, you probably did do the right thing 👍

Yep, you’re right there Daddy. Que Sera Sera.

• Thanks 1

I've had enough of them!!!

Been for my Fathers day dinner, my favorite Stew and Dumplings..

What do I get, severely reprimanded, They've been reading this thread.

I've spent 4 hours on the naughty step, with a slice of bread and jam.

That's it now, the final straw, I'm getting rid..

FREE TO ANY HOME.. (I'm prepared to make a payment) 

I want shut of them, too expensive, and obnoxious.

Open photo

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Padders said:

I've had enough of them!!!

Been for my Fathers day dinner, my favorite Stew and Dumplings..

What do I get, severely reprimanded, They've been reading this thread.

I've spent 4 hours on the naughty step, with a slice of bread and jam.

That's it now, the final straw, I'm getting rid..

FREE TO ANY HOME.. (I'm prepared to make a payment) 

I want shut of them, too expensive, and obnoxious.

Open photo

Two lucky lasses there . Lucky that they get their good looks from their Mam . :thumbsup: