Car insurance is becoming prohibitive.

13 hours ago, spilldig said:

Who's that with El?

RAC, never used them before. 

I may well be buying a  van, so thinking I might be paying £500+ in the first year 

8 hours ago, El Cid said:

RAC, never used them before. 

I may well be buying a  van, so thinking I might be paying £500+ in the first year 

O'k, thanks for that.  May well be worth giving them a try. 

14 hours ago, spilldig said:

O'k, thanks for that.  May well be worth giving them a try. 

My quote for a van isnt going too well, I made the mistake of putting in business use to see the cost.

It then got refused because the use was unclear. Then all the companies are told by Google or something about this and they all play difficult.

I thought sharing your personal details with other companies was illegal.

It was really cheap, £300, so I will likely end up paying more. Driving new van home tomorrow, if the quote is too high, I will insure it for a week and use my car untill its sold.

Not easy to know how to answer some questions, I have my car to sell and use a company minibus, but I tick the box for use of company car, because that question fits best.

30 minutes ago, El Cid said:

My quote for a van isnt going too well, I made the mistake of putting in business use to see the cost.

It then got refused because the use was unclear. Then all the companies are told by Google or something about this and they all play difficult.

It was really cheap, £300, so I will likely end up paying more. Driving new van home tomorrow, if the quote is too high, I will insure it for a week and use my car untill its sold.

Not easy to know how to answer some questions, I have my car to sell and use a company minibus, but I tick the box for use of company car, because that question fits best.

My Peugeot Expert 2007  is with A-Plan in Worcester SD&P only, I'm retired; might be worth giving them a bell
01905 612 961

10 hours ago, peak4 said:

My Peugeot Expert 2007  is with A-Plan in Worcester SD&P only, I'm retired; might be worth giving them a bell
01905 612 961

It's just gone through, after an online chat, surprisingly at the same price. The online chat person is called Dik****!

The problem was date and month of birth the wrong way around.

I am now with Admiral.

13 hours ago, El Cid said:

It is a bit much the way they are in cahoots with each other, and supposedly illegal.