New e-ink bus stop displays

Much depends if they are accurate or works of fiction like the tram displays often are and the clowns in charge refuse to do anything about them because "sometimes the information is correct" unfortunately you don't know if the information is correct until the tram does not turn up

Yesterday went to journey planer to look up bus times and it showed not only the time but the fact that the bus I wanted half an hour later was on time. Unfortunately it never turned up but even worse because of the misinformation I had a 15 minute walk to get to different bus stop to get alternative and a further 15 minute wait where as with accurate information I would have gone straight to the alternative stop to catch alternative bus and not been late for my appointment

1 hour ago, BigAl1 said:

Much depends if they are accurate or works of fiction like the tram displays often are and the clowns in charge refuse to do anything about them because "sometimes the information is correct" unfortunately you don't know if the information is correct until the tram does not turn up

Yesterday went to journey planer to look up bus times and it showed not only the time but the fact that the bus I wanted half an hour later was on time. Unfortunately it never turned up but even worse because of the misinformation I had a 15 minute walk to get to different bus stop to get alternative and a further 15 minute wait where as with accurate information I would have gone straight to the alternative stop to catch alternative bus and not been late for my appointment

Very fair points.

The First app is quite good for tracking buses at least — I use that quite regularly when catching a First bus. Not sure what the other bus apps are like for live tracking?

1 hour ago, SheffieldForum said:

Very fair points.

The First app is quite good for tracking buses at least — I use that quite regularly when catching a First bus. Not sure what the other bus apps are like for live tracking?

As it happens it was not a First bus and although the 31 is infrequent it happened to be the most convenient as it was due and I had ample time to get from my house to the bus stop. I often wonder why if First bus know where their buses are then why can the dot matrix not know (same applies for supertram)

55 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

I actually and genuinely know nothing about these!

First I’d heard or seen of these bus stop signs was when I saw the Reddit post linked above!

That’s a surprise. Thought you would’ve had a photo of a grinning Oliver , pointing at it . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1