New e-ink bus stop displays

3 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Is this part of Olivers great transport revolution  ?

To be honest if it was I would support it accurate info is much needed and it will be far better value than new liveries

They look cool, and if they can track where the bus is in real time then great!

Should also save some trees by not having to change the paper timetables, but also put some folks out of a job with the same stroke.

Fully predicting that some little scrote will come along and try and smash it with a hammer.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

Very fair points.

The First app is quite good for tracking buses at least — I use that quite regularly when catching a First bus. Not sure what the other bus apps are like for live tracking?

My wife has the First bus app on her phone & it is very good.  You can even see the little bus symbols with the bus numbers approaching your stop. 

Eventually you can actually see your particular bus approach & watch in awe & wonder as the bus drives past with 'Not in service' on the front of the bus. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Can someone tell me the difference between this one and the ones on Arundle Gate .

The ones on Arundel Gate are about as useful as not  having any - they are close to illegible unless you get just at the right angle.

8 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

Should also save some trees by not having to change the paper timetables, but also put some folks out of a job with the same stroke.

Fully predicting that some little scrote will come along and try and smash it with a hammer.

Highlight 1 - they are a great improvement on the ones mentioned in the post above, and perform the same function, but in a sensible way.

Highlight 2 - in this region, we seem to have a preponderance of scrotes of all ages and sizes

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Is this part of Olivers great transport revolution  ?

My bold. 

After several years, (when I'm unable to pick her up from work), would be far happier to see some bus shelters put up on Arundel Gate.  Her & no doubt thousands of other cold & soaked bus users. 

17 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

My bold. 

Or a scrote with a spray paint can to obliterate the lot. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

My bold. 

After several years, (when I'm unable to pick her up from work), would be far happier to see some bus shelters put up on Arundel Gate.  Her & no doubt thousands of other cold & soaked bus users. 

They are supposed to be relocating the services on AG123/AG124 (the 'temporary' covid-19 provisions) to the stops higher or lower on AG - but if you think SYCMA and SCC can get together and plan this sensibly - think again. The relocation details have been available for at least 6 months - I saw a detailed explanation - somewhere - in very early February, but can't find it now.

3 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

They are supposed to be relocating the services on AG123/AG124 (the 'temporary' covid-19 provisions) to the stops higher or lower on AG - but if you think SYCMA and SCC can get together and plan this sensibly - think again. The relocation details have been available for at least 6 months - I saw a detailed explanation - somewhere - in very early February, but can't find it now.

You see a sensible person working for SYCMA or SCC would have, several years ago gone, "We've got all these spare, no longer used bus shelters on Leopold St & Pinstone St, since we stopped running the buses along those routes & having relocated the buses to Arundel Gate.  Now what to do with all those unused bus shelters? 

Hang on a minute, I've had a brilliant idea!"

18 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

You see a sensible person working for SYCMA or SCC would have, several years ago gone, "We've got all these spare, no longer used bus shelters on Leopold St & Pinstone St, since we stopped running the buses along those routes & having relocated the buses to Arundel Gate.  Now what to do with all those unused bus shelters? 

Hang on a minute, I've had a brilliant idea!"

Except the footway in that area of AG is not wide enough to allow for shelters.