Battle of Orgreave, 40 years ago today

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Were you a mineworker ? 

Nah. A paid agitator. Communist Party of Britain paid me. A secret fund from Moscow.

Pass it on 

Edited by Ridgewalk
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ridgewalk said:

Nah. A paid agitator. Communist Party of Britain paid me. A secret fund from Moscow.

Pass it on 

Thought as much :rolleyes: Asked because the two Lads I know were paid about £20  a day 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

I was paid £200 a day to be on the picket lines. Feel able to admit that now.

Yeah the pigs have been fed a d ready for take off .

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, peak4 said:

Did Thatcher Use Soldiers During the Miners’ Strike?  

We know that police spies, agents provocateurs, Special Branch officers and MI5 agents were all used to combat the strikers and evidence has emerged to confirm such actions. But of soldiers dressing in police uniform we have yet to see even a single shred of real proof.

Following the release of cabinet papers on January 3rd, 2014, we know that Thatcher was considering using the army in line with the recommendations made in the Ridley Plan, to move coal, breach picket lines and so on, but this would have been an overt action with armed forces in their own uniforms and acting with official state approval.

Of course, the use of soldiers dressed as police officers is certainly possible and one shouldn’t, for even a second, doubt that the Tories would have baulked at such a tactic had they deemed it necessary. There is no question that the prime minister would have ruled such a move either in or out based on any legal or ethical grounds; it would have been a purely tactical and strategic decision. But, personally, I don’t think it happened.

Also (ex) soldiers love to tell their old war stories and other tales, if any had been disguised as coppers, they'd have blabbed long ago.  

They wouldn't have made it out of the first pub they went in that evening without telling everyone about the dust up they had with a load of miners.

45 minutes ago, geared said:

Also (ex) soldiers love to tell their old war stories and other tales, if any had been disguised as coppers, they'd have blabbed long ago.  

They wouldn't have made it out of the first pub they went in that evening without telling everyone about the dust up they had with a load of miners.

The Moat House hotel on Chesterfield Road was due to open just after the miners strike started, every room was occupied by Police from down south, the Norton pub was packed with them bragging they were on £1500 a week.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

The Moat House hotel on Chesterfield Road was due to open just after the miners strike started, every room was occupied by Police from down south, the Norton pub was packed with them bragging they were on £1500 a week.

I can remember being in the Woodthorpe Arms . After a bit of dust up , coppers arrived. When it was all sorted a few of us were talking to them. They loved all the overtime they were getting. 

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

No conspiracy, just the truth.

The truth as YOU see it. No doubt convinced by the right wing press and trash media that you follow. 

Speak to the “2 lads”

that you know. 

If you believe in conspiracies then you do