Why do some people like to argue, about the same issues?

Someone who's always picking fights has low self-esteem, feelings of unworthiness, and they're lonely and scared (even if they don't present that way).

Edited by El Cid

7 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Someone who's always picking fights has low self-esteem, feelings of unworthiness, and they're lonely and scared (even if they don't present that way).

Oh no they don't and I'll fight anyone who says they do.

• Haha 1

I’m sure alcohol can make some people become angry and looking to start an argument.  
I had a neighbour who was Jekyll and Hyde, a lovely person when he hadn’t been drinking, after he had a drink you had to be careful what you said to him.

2 hours ago, El Cid said:

What has it got to do with you?

😁

Some people behave differently when they're online. If they're sitting anonymously behind a keyboard they can be much more rude and aggressive than they'd ever dream of being if they were standing next to you in person.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Slighty batty said:

Some people behave differently when they're online. If they're sitting anonymously behind a keyboard they can be much more rude and aggressive than they'd ever dream of being if they were standing next to you in person.

I often wonder how many of these anonymous souls are totally dominated by their partners and sneak off here to unload their frustrations!

11 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Or do their partners get sick of hearing about foreign politics and golden showers😴

Certainly not mine. We share other interests.

This forum is is the only place these days, where I indulge in a public discussion on politics and susceptibility of some to believe the most outrageous claims made by their "news" sources.

You gave a good example in your first line.