13 Fargate

Hello,

I am moving to the property on 13 Fargate this month and I am wondering where my moving van can stop? As shown in the photo, that can’t be the only access point right?

IMG_2354.jpeg

Edited by Chow

Not the correct forum to have posted this in, but I believe you can access from the rear via Norfolk Street!

You could phone the landlord/agency and ask though, but didn't you look at the place, and ask this question at the time?

23 hours ago, Ghozer said:

Not the correct forum to have posted this in, but I believe you can access from the rear via Norfolk Street!

You could phone the landlord/agency and ask though, but didn't you look at the place, and ask this question at the time?

No access via Norfolk Street, I worked at number 15 for many years.

One of the problems that property developers & SCC who allow them to turn office blocks into 'luxury apartments' don't think about? 

The realities of moving & living in a former office block.  How do you get the removal van in & out?  Where are the bins going to be left out?

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

One of the problems that property developers & SCC who allow them to turn office blocks into 'luxury apartments' don't think about? 

The realities of moving & living in a former office block.  How do you get the removal van in & out?  Where are the bins going to be left out?

Fargate allows service vehicles early morning and after hours,  any removal van will have to work to these times. 

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Yes you are correct, should prospective purchasers/tenants not drive and have no need of refuse collection? Even if, as I suspect, it will become student accommodation, students require refuse collection, answers on a post-card please.

28 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Yes you are correct, should prospective purchasers/tenants not drive and have no need of refuse collection? Even if, as I suspect, it will become student accommodation, students require refuse collection, answers on a post-card please.

Underground bins on Fargate.

4 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Exactly the same way they manage to cope in city centre developments up and down the land.

Just how exactly do you think all those shops and offices and venues got their deliveries and access and refuse collection for decades previous?  

You make it sound as if these developments are all thrown together on the back of a cig packet. Of course someone's "thought about it". It's even part of the planning conditions when they build the things. 

It's something that prospective renters and purchasers of such properties are going to know about full well. Nobody is that naive to think that a city centre apartment will enable them to freely drive in/out and park up right outside their front door whenever they want.  Large numbers of them won't even own cars anyway.

Thankfully, most reasonable people out there actually have an inkling of how it works. City Living is not some new concept.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, crookesey said:

4 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Underground bins on Fargate.

They appear to  have been managing it (hopefully successfully) since 2017/8 ish

Planning Consent

Waste Management Plan, including floorplan showing location of bins etc.

None of which really helps Chow, who I hope is happy in their new home.
I can only suggest contacting the letting agent[ going by the comment in the waste management plan, it looks like a new tenant should be supplied with a welcome pack.
Welcome to Sheffield if you're new to the city; most folk are friendly and helpful.

• Thanks 1