Ecclesall Road/Abbeydale Road Bus Corridors Receive £3.52 Million Funding

2 hours ago, AndrewC said:

This was planner1's first comment to you; pretty fair and nuanced, I'd say. Seems to specifically say that their argument might not apply to your friend's business? It's you who is getting uppity and defensive about it. 

This comment saying there is no parking outside seems weird, given earlier you said your friend was so against the scheme because they had a business 'there', presumably meaning on Ecclesall Road/Abbeydale Road and I'm struggling to think of many premises which wouldn't have road space outside of them. I guess your friends business might be near a junction so only reliant on nearby parking, but hard to know what you mean without knowing the specific details.

Of course, this does come back to the misconceptions about red lines that were mentioned in this thread earlier; the red lines largely just reinforce the existing restrictions like double-yellows, bus lanes etc, makes it easier to enforce and produce penalties, so it shouldn't really be having a huge impact on normal, daytime custom.

Unless your friend is saying their business is reliant on people currently parking on double-yellows and/or in bus lanes during active times? Which seems...weird?

Nothing seems weird your making assumptions, he knows his customers and knows his business, I'll trust his judgement over yours and the other council mouthpiece all day long, the councils decisions in this city had led it on a downward spiral for years despite them thinking they know better, I may see him on Sunday, he has a very good relationship with many of the other business owners in that area and they will have discussed this, I'll get a feel for what their thoughts on it were (I very much doubt they'll be anything like the garbage you're trying to push).

5 hours ago, Top4719 said:

Nothing seems weird your making assumptions, he knows his customers and knows his business, I'll trust his judgement over yours and the other council mouthpiece all day long, the councils decisions in this city had led it on a downward spiral for years despite them thinking they know better, I may see him on Sunday, he has a very good relationship with many of the other business owners in that area and they will have discussed this, I'll get a feel for what their thoughts on it were (I very much doubt they'll be anything like the garbage you're trying to push).

We already know what those opinions are, they came out during the consultation. That wasn't really the point of this conversation.