Where do Sheffield folk go on holidays in 2024

where does the normal sheffield person go? years ago works weeks was down to pond street and it was skeggy, scarbrough,bridlington,cleethorpes or maybe  wales or devon, well in 2024 times have changed more familys have cars, many go abroad , but theres reports many are going back to the old times, i am off to bridlington and blackpool for the lights,were are you guys going?

• Like 1

Did Somerset for his and hers birthday earlier in the year as they're only 2 weeks apart.

Just come back from 2 days at Scarborough.

Got a week booked in Brixham in September.

And then a week near Edinburgh in November for the anniversary.

Neither of us enjoys hot, sunny weather that much.... warm yes, but not baking hot.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I have a few days in Rovrum , for the culture .

Ooooh you must do the Cannklow Challenge. 

You have to walk from one end to the other without being robbed, stabbed or sold some weed👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd quite happily go to Scotland and do the NC500. Ireland and do anywhere and Wales and do the west and south coast. I'd also do Norfolk, Suffolk, New Forest, Devon, Dorset, Northumberland,  Cumbria, in fact anywhere. We don't really book anywhere and just check the forecast a week before. If UK weather is fine we'll stay here, if it's better on the continent,  we'll cross the water and go on adventures over t' watter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

Ooooh you must do the Cannklow Challenge. 

You have to walk from one end to the other without being robbed, stabbed or sold some weed👍

Don’t know where that is but Canklow is nice on a summer evening. 

3 hours ago, Pyrotequila said:

Did Somerset for his and hers birthday earlier in the year as they're only 2 weeks apart.

Just come back from 2 days at Scarborough.

Got a week booked in Brixham in September.

And then a week near Edinburgh in November for the anniversary.

Neither of us enjoys hot, sunny weather that much.... warm yes, but not baking hot.

Like brixham, stop nearby in paignton