Where do Sheffield folk go on holidays in 2024

20 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Can’t be true . There’s a cost of living crisis. Remember people are having to choose to heat or eat 

Have you never noticed that not everyone is the same and some have different household incomes, different family circumstances . Me I went to Cambodia twice, thailand twice and Rwanda last year and I know I am am not the only person living in Sheffield who went abroad last year

My mate and his wife go on expensive all inclusive Spanish gold star hotel holidays at least three times a year. I don’t like hotels at the best of times and like to eat what I fancy, when and where I fancy, preferably dressed in shorts and polo shirt. 

He thinks that we’re skimping, everyone to their own I say.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigAl1 said:

Have you never noticed that not everyone is the same and some have different household incomes, different family circumstances . Me I went to Cambodia twice, thailand twice and Rwanda last year and I know I am am not the only person living in Sheffield who went abroad last year

Careful Pal Humble J will be accusing you of Broanging.

Done Cambodia and Thailand, never thought of Rwanda, also done a Motorbike tour of Vietnam.

What was Rwanda like?.

1 minute ago, crookesey said:

My mate and his wife go on expensive all inclusive Spanish gold star hotel holidays at least three times a year. I don’t like hotels at the best of times and like to eat what I fancy, when and where I fancy, preferably dressed in shorts and polo shirt. 

He thinks that we’re skimping, everyone to their own I say.

Done it both ways and I think it depends on where you going.

Either way can work out cheaper or more expensive but it's what you like to do that matters.

A lot of people on AI holidays hardly leave the hotel I couldn't stand that and still have days out whatever board I'm on.

I have a dislike of travelling, I’m fine with the drive to and back from the airport, but that’s where it ends. We’ve experienced long delays prior to my Rheumatoid Arthritis diagnosis, and didn’t like them then, these days I can’t use low seated chairs, the ones in the aircraft are enough for me, the stewards ramp them up with cushions to make them tolerable, it’s a pity my GP Surgery doesn’t do the same.

Never mind, as my grandfather used to say, “There’s folk in City Road Cemetery who would love to feel as bad as thee”, cheers grandad. 😉

the goverment as its losing the  flights out for the illegals could do low cost holidays as the hotels are built and paid for for those wishing to visit a nice country, they could offer them to mr sunak as he will have loads of time after july 4th.

21 hours ago, Alextopman said:

Careful Pal Humble J will be accusing you of Broanging.

Done Cambodia and Thailand, never thought of Rwanda, also done a Motorbike tour of Vietnam.

What was Rwanda like?.

Rwanda is really nice the country is clean, the people friendly, traveling around is easy as there is an excellent bus network, plenty of cheap accommodation, the scenery is stunning and of course apart from the Gorillas there is plenty of other wildlife  in the parks. If you are doing it yourself then Rwanda is probably the easiest of the East African countries I have visited (others are Burundi, Malawi, Tanzania and Uganda). Well worth a visit in my opinion last year was my 4 visit 

• Thanks 1