Where do Sheffield folk go on holidays in 2024

On 26/06/2024 at 17:43, bassett one said:

that it then sir kier dont waste the RWANDA hotels sell them on to a big holiday company, make some cash i say

Unfortunately your knowledge is somewhat lacking - the hotel was built as a safe haven to young people orphaned in the 1994 genocide, when up to 800,000 Tutsis and moderate Hutus were killed.It is owned by the Rwandans and the Rwandans will have no problem in putting it to other use. British tax-payers' money has been funding the maintenance of the facility through a 462.7 million US dollar agreement signed by the two countries in 2022. (probably more than the cost of building new ones but the British government is not known for it competence when it comes to procurement)

On 24/06/2024 at 08:00, crookesey said:

MEXBOROUGH 

Apparently the only place in the world called Mexborough, also much of Rotherham is built with Mexborough red rock, quarried in the afore mentioned Canklow.

On 24/06/2024 at 08:48, MJ01 said:

I prefer the same old same old - so I'll be jumping on my e-scooter, straight to the beach in the city centre, then on to Tramlines at Hillsborough Park (the only place it should ever be held) & finally a white knuckle ride on the Maglev

Tramlines used to be held in the city center with much of it free, and better for it.

22 minutes ago, Stannington Lad said:

Hull, I once thought I would have a day out in Hull because I had never been. I got off the train and 30 minutes later I was on another train to Brid  

You missed a treat, the Marina, Old Town and Humber street are great, some really good boozers, that do good food, my favorites are The Sailmakers in Old Town, the Minerva on the Quayside, it's huge like a labyrinth, but can be a bit cramped when eating in some rooms, and The Whittington Cat, which I think is having a refurb at the moment.