Do you have a Significant Other? What would you do if you became single?

2 hours ago, Draggletail said:

That's awful, carrying bitterness and anger isn't healthy.  Don't underestimate your experience though, I would have thought that the whole thing must have knocked your confidence regarding getting involved with another and trusting them. I'm sure it would me.

I'll be totally honest I doubt I'll ever take the risk again. As lonely as I sometimes get I just don't think I could do it. I did try meeting someone on two occasions since my divorce but I found myself questioning (in my head not out loud) almost everything they told me and that's not fair on them. Nope, it's just me and the kids from here on in 👍

47 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I'll be totally honest I doubt I'll ever take the risk again. As lonely as I sometimes get I just don't think I could do it. I did try meeting someone on two occasions since my divorce but I found myself questioning (in my head not out loud) almost everything they told me and that's not fair on them. Nope, it's just me and the kids from here on in 👍

I'm getting the impression that you're a bloody good dad and a sincere bloke. All the best to you and your kids now and in the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

Good evening Daddy.

Back in November you told us you were getting excited about embarking on a new relationship.

But you were worried that it was to big, and didn't want to hurt the lady.

I'm curious to know how that ended up, was it too big?

After all age is just a number...

1 minute ago, Padders said:

Good evening Daddy.

Back in November you told us you were getting excited about embarking on a new relationship.

But you were worried that it was to big, and didn't want to hurt the lady.

I'm curious to know how that ended up, was it too big?

After all age is just a number...

She was a lovely lady Padders but deserved someone with less baggage than I bring to the table. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

She was a lovely lady Padders but deserved someone with less baggage than I bring to the table. 

Tha nos Daddy,

7 years ago on New Years Eve I met a stunning 50 year young lady in the Railway Pub (Wadsley Bridge)

Using my undoubtable Padders charm, I managed to coax her back to my gaff.

As it's a family Forum, I can't go into detail of what happened next (Wish I could)

Lets just say it didn't end well.

44 minutes ago, Padders said:

Tha nos Daddy,

7 years ago on New Years Eve I met a stunning 50 year young lady in the Railway Pub (Wadsley Bridge)

Using my undoubtable Padders charm, I managed to coax her back to my gaff.

As it's a family Forum, I can't go into detail of what happened next (Wish I could)

Lets just say it didn't end well.

Oh dear. Sorry to hear that matey. Better luck next time eh fella?🤞

On 25/06/2024 at 22:16, The_DADDY said:

Seems a bit random I know but the little un asked me today if I'm ever going to meet someone. I was a bit surprised by the question but apparently she's been noticing that I sometimes seem lonely. 

She's right, I do but I do what any other parent does and plod on regardless. I've been single for 8 years now and if I'm honest I'd like to have a partner to share laughs, conversation, the good times and the bad. And I do miss a good old cuddle but I'm resigned to the fact I'm unlikely to meet anyone new. I've accepted it. 

Tbh I'd probably be afraid of getting into another relationship as my marriage was an utter disaster and left 'scars' so although I do get lonely I very much doubt I'd risk taking the plunge again 

What about you lot?

Any divorcees who've found love?

Have you been married/together for a long time? If your relationship failed would you jump straight back on the relationship train and find someone else or would you take it as a sign you're probably best off being on your own?

Your thoughts?

You could always think of it as one less person tp please!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Draggletail said:

I'm getting the impression that you're a bloody good dad and a sincere bloke. All the best to you and your kids now and in the future.

Thank you Draggletail that's very nice of you 😊 

• Thanks 1