On 04/07/2024 at 20:47, Slighty batty said:

Many moons ago I was once a visiting officer with the (then) DHSS. One of my colleagues had to visit this really mucky old man one day. I won’t put you off your yea by describing the details. Anyway, he offered her a cup of tea, and not wanting to offend him she accepted. He poured her a cuppa, looked round for some milk and finding the bottle was empty he picked up the cats saucer, which was full of cat hairs and curdled chunks, poured it into her cup and said with a toothless smile “There y’go luv.” Your friend sounds positively hygienic in comparison cuttsie! 

His back door is left open . all weathers night and day ,  When I visited a couple of pigeons walked in, God knows what other wildlife use the place .

On 26/06/2024 at 13:57, cuttsie said:

I visit a old school pal of mine now and then  to be honest he is mucky , his house is surrounded by junk , old cars, broken bikes, burnt chip pan , tyres , dog kennels ,  cardboard boxes  along with other piles of discarded crap. The house is easy to spot the privet is 20 ft high and beyond even the best of hedge cutting equipment, 

In side is even worse , carrier bags , broken teli,s ,  ripped furniture , tools of every description . 
pots and pans piled up in sink , 

The one thing that is remotely clean is his American fridge , this fridge would be at home in the finest kitchens , it is full of ,        Beer , pitsas, bags of chips and other what some consider unhealthy foods,

He never ever closes his back door , tame birds walk in and out these are fed religiously from the settee , other creepy creatures also wonder in and out , no problem it’s normal .

The thing is my pal is the happiest person I have ever know , his door is open to any one , his fridge contents are spread around to ever is passing or visits ,   
My pal has no internet , reads no newspapers although his piled up library of books read and chucked with the the rest spreads across the walls .

Been this morning to get my fill of happiness,  Now I am home and thinking where did I go wrong 

Needs a good Lathering. 

• Haha 2