Crimewave in Longley.

I live on a quiet residential cul-de-sac in Longley, (British Sector) commonly known as "Millionaires Row" by the locals.

This small, quaint, pretty little estate has a village like atmosphere, everyone will greet you with a smile and a cheery hello.

This estate has, up until now, been crime free, but that has now changed...

A serious incident has taken place this morning, someone has had the audacity to steal one of my clothes pegs.

I've been using them wooden pegs for a while now, but a Woodpecker keeps coming in the garden and having a good peck at them, making them unusable.

So yesterday I bought some Heavy duty stainless steel ones with an extra strong grip, 60 of them, and they weren't cheap.

I've done the washing this morning and used 28 pegs, the washing is now dry and I've taken it in, BUT!!! I've only got 27 pegs.

Some low life has stolen a clothes peg.

I find this both nerve racking and disturbing that some scum can enter my premises and commit an act of Felony.

I'm posting this as a heads up for you to check the number of clothes pegs you use, please report to the police if any go missing..

I've reported this theft to Ecclesfield police, and they've put it on file and given me a crime number for insurance purpose's.

I would have thought they would have sent a forensic team to come and investigate..

So PLEASE report it,

Lets stamp out this crime before your clothes prop goes missing...

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Padders said:

I live on a quiet residential cul-de-sac in Longley, (British Sector) commonly known as "Millionaires Row" by the locals.

This small, quaint, pretty little estate has a village like atmosphere, everyone will greet you with a smile and a cheery hello.

A serious incident has taken place this morning, someone has had the audacity to steal one of my clothes pegs.

I've been using them wooden pegs for a while now, but a Woodpecker keeps coming in the garden and having a good peck at them, making them unusable.

So yesterday I bought some Heavy duty stainless steel ones with an extra strong grip, 60 of them, and they weren't cheap.

I've done the washing this morning and used 28 pegs, the washing is now dry and I've taken it in, BUT!!! I've only got 27 pegs.

I find this both nerve racking and disturbing that some scum can enter my premises and commit an act of Felony.

I'm posting this as a heads up for you to check the number of clothes pegs you use, please report to the police if any go missing..

I've reported this theft to Ecclesfield police, and they've put it on file and given me a crime number for insurance purpose's.

I would have thought they would have sent a forensic team to come and investigate..

So PLEASE report it,

Love it, brilliant!!

• Thanks 1

its a total disgrace ,at least they could of sent CID ,we could do a fundraiser at the festival for you if that helps or set up a just giving page or shall we have bird shooting practice in your garden after a few ales in your bar? i the meantime as i always visit the blackpool gypsy rose lee for that crystal you gave me to have it blessed i will see if any of the family still make them and get you some freebies hows that? ps she said last year SWFC would find a new leader with dark hair who would be our saviour ,so shes a good lass see you mate your mates will sort it.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Padders said:

So PLEASE report it,

Have you a description of the peg? 

9 minutes ago, Padders said:

It's a stainless steel one, silver.

I can't understand why anyone would want my peg..

I WILL ask the gypsy lady for a metal one or shall i get you 30 handmade ye-olde type its a disgrace