What is the solution to UK prisons running out of room?

19 hours ago, Delbow said:

There are plenty of people growing weed in a cellar or attic in a house - not big time dealers, but they and the people selling it for them will go to prison if caught. And people involved in growing and distributing cannabis can't just move into other drugs, because that means treading on the toes of the people already moving those drugs, which is ill-advised.

You sound like a dealer 

19 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Would someone go to prison if they were caught with 5 plants in their attic?

I would highly doubt it.

They would if I was the judge 

7 hours ago, Delbow said:

I use it for insomnia - it's better in that regard than any prescription medication and is also less harmful. The first line NHS medication for insomnia is Zopiclone but that is a more toxic drug. Weed is an absolute doddle to get hold of - if you want it you can get it easily, so keeping it illegal is an act of complete dishonesty by government. They are pretending to the public that by keeping it illegal they are restricting access to it, but that is just a lie. Much better to admit that it's freely available and legalise it, which would not only keep people out of prison but also reduce violent crime between big time outfits. In New York state, a percentage of the profits from legal cannabis sales goes to treatment programmes for other drugs like crack and opiates - it's a win / win. 

Use it for insomnia 😂

25 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Use it for insomnia 😂

What? I do. I get terrible insomnia at times and it's the only reliable way I've found to manage it and be able to function the next day. The alternative is taking sick days, because my job is all complex brain work, which ain't happening on 2 hours of sleep.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Delbow said:

What? I do. I get terrible insomnia at times and it's the only reliable way I've found to manage it and be able to function the next day. The alternative is taking sick days, because my job is all complex brain work, which ain't happening on 2 hours of sleep.

I didn't realise it was a help for insomnia, I've had some throughout my life and it makes me too high to sleep, drowsy maybe!

I also suffer with insomnia and it completely wrecks the way I function, I've had it most of my adult life unfortunately.

Zopliclone does work but I've not had them for years but it's got to the point at present that I am seeing my doctor to get me a prescription for some more. All the herbal, Melatonin products don't even make me drowsy.

55 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Do you think your employer would be happy with you doing "complex brain work" while doped up on illegal substances.

Edited by ECCOnoob

13 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Do you think your employer would be happy with you doing "complex brain work" while doped up on illegal substances.

No, but I don't smoke it during working hours and by the morning I am no longer "doped up" and am able to function perfectly well. Pretty obvious really.

2 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Use it for insomnia 😂

Tbf hackey I used it for insomnia and headaches many years ago.

It did more good for me than all the meds the doctor had me on. I don't miss it though. It stinks awful and seems to linger forever.