What is the solution to UK prisons running out of room?

2 hours ago, *_ash_* said:

You know, with thousands of posts you have made, you just always post things like this. 

You never ever posted an answer to a question, or post your potential solutions. 

You'd be a great politician...

melt, What is the solution to UK prisons running out of room?

ive posted lots of information, solutions and they fall on deaf ears so **** it, i dont anymore

• Like 1

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

ive posted lots of information, solutions and they fall on deaf ears so **** it, i dont anymore

I'm with you on that, and starting to come to the same opinion.
Posts that attempt to provide actual factual content (not just my own attempts) are often rapidly driven several pages back by petty squabbling before there has been any engagement at all.
Several times I've lost posts as the whole tread has been deleted, often quite justifiably, because of the misbehaviour of others.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, peak4 said:

I'm with you on that, and starting to come to the same opinion.
Posts that attempt to provide actual factual content (not just my own attempts) are often rapidly driven several pages back by petty squabbling before there has been any engagement at all.
Several times I've lost posts as the whole tread has been deleted, often quite justifiably, because of the misbehaviour of others.

certain people dont want sense, information, facts or solutions, they just want to propogate ****

Edited by melthebell
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Actually, and this might be weird but I agree. Same for me when I used to post links and information. It was either ignored, the links were labelled dangerous (despite admissions that they hadn't even been followed) , it wasn't from a 'recognised news source'. You name it!

So I stopped.

Then people complained I don't supply links. It's a funny old world int it 🤣

• Like 1

On 28/06/2024 at 15:54, Delbow said:

What? I do. I get terrible insomnia at times and it's the only reliable way I've found to manage it and be able to function the next day. The alternative is taking sick days, because my job is all complex brain work, which ain't happening on 2 hours of sleep.

I've had sleep issues for a year and a half, the most sleep I get is 2-3 hours which isn't in a solid chunk, I have 2 frozen shoulders triggered by a autoimmune disease, I finally gave in yesterday I was prescribed 10mg amitriptyline, its side effect is can cause drowsiness, I slept for 6 hours last night.

in small doses its affective as a painkiller and prevent migraines,  in larger doses its used to treat depression it certainly helped me get a first good sleep in 18 months

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Beechwood_S6 said:

I've had sleep issues for a year and a half, the most sleep I get is 2-3 hours which isn't in a solid chunk, I have 2 frozen shoulders triggered by a autoimmune disease, I finally gave in yesterday I was prescribed 10mg amitriptyline, its side effect is can cause drowsiness, I slept for 6 hours last night.

in small doses its affective as a painkiller and prevent migraines,  in larger doses its used to treat depression it certainly helped me get a first good sleep in 18 months

That's good to hear! Insomnia is hellish.

• Like 2

I haven’t read all of the posts on here so if someone has said more electronic tagging for criminals, only for none violent ones though, then for now thats one solution for overcrowding.  We need more prisons building tho. Failing that Government needs to see if it can get hold of a few old barges to use as prisons, however if I remember that wasn’t very successful for housing asylum seekers.

3 hours ago, Delbow said:

That's good to hear! Insomnia is hellish.

it certainly is difficult to  function/concentrate at a certain level needed for work and general day to day activities 

Build more prisons and let's see prisoners doing some constructive and meaningful work and a properly managed regime instead of prisoners idly lounging about all day. 

Let's have prisons run professionally by HMPS.  We don't need any private companies jumping in,  cutting back on staffing / resources and making fat profits out of it!

"Sir Robert Buckland on Timpson's appointment to the prisons brief: "He has a real passion for rehabilitating offenders that I share. I hope he will bring his expertise and knowlege of the system to the MOJ, and really help deal with the crisis we have, too many prisons have a revolving door of short sentences, people coming out and reoffending again... I hope they can create proper meaningful alternatives to prison.
@LBC@lewis_goodall

My name is Anthony and I served 18 years for murder BusinessCloud

As opening lines go for an interview this was not what I’d expected – but Timpson Group isn’t afraid to be different.

Earlier this week the company, which also includes Max Spielmann, Johnsons The Cleaners, Snappy Snaps, Jeeves of Belgravia and The Watch Lab, revealed record profits of £40.64m for a 53-week accounting period to October 1, 2022 – up from £24.53m in the year before.