What Are The Safest Areas For International Students To Live In Sheffield?

18 hours ago, Hussein Alwan said:

Thank you Annie Bynnol for your reply, totally agree the schools should be the priority, I have to choose three primary school, then based on the availablity the city counil will choose one. I have chosen 1. St. Mary's CE Academy; 2. Westways Primary School; 3. Nether Edge Primary School; 

I also find St. Marie's RC IJ which is in Fulwood Road PostcodeS10 3DQ, I don't know what area is that, and if it is a good area.

I will reach the university for the registered landlords that only accept post graduate students with families, it will be helpful.

Crookes mentioned many times, I will make it my first choice.

Thank you again!

Postcode S10 3DQ is Broomhill.

• Like 1

On 30/06/2024 at 16:52, Annie Bynnol said:

St. Marie's RC IJ is less than a mile from Crookes/Broomhill/Crosspool in an area called Ranmoor and in the middle of student accommodation buildings (which have some family places). As a state school with a Catholic ethos it has a much bigger and more diverse catchment area and is a feeder for Notre Dame Catholic Secondary which is next door, Catholic schools have a different selection process, prioritizing practicing Catholic children followed by those of other religions(including non-Christian). They require evidence.  

All schools in this area are used to providing places for visiting academics. The selection for secondary school is usually a much bigger worry for parents. All the secondary schools in the area are very successful and will be full-meaning that your 11 year old may need to travel outside the area and be on a waiting list for one of the local schools. Do not rely on the Council procedure-contact the schools directly. Having a Sheffield address will speed up the process.

Thank you Annie Bynnol, very usefull information, indeed, secondary school will be more difficult, therefore, I would like my daughter to join the primary school first. 

19 hours ago, Hussein Alwan said:

Thank you Annie Bynnol, very usefull information, indeed, secondary school will be more difficult, therefore, I would like my daughter to join the primary school first. 

The 11 year old will have to start in Secondary School.  It is extremely rare for children to move between year groups which is decided by their age on September 1st +-a few days.  Sometimes a new arrival after an assessment, will be given a special timetable and be attached to a adult or child mentor.

5 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

The 11 year old will have to start in Secondary School.  It is extremely rare for children to move between year groups which is decided by their age on September 1st +-a few days.  Sometimes a new arrival after an assessment, will be given a special timetable and be attached to a adult or child mentor.

I already in touch with the city council, they sent me the form to apply for the primary school, I think because her birth day is 19/Dec/13,  she will be able to join the primary school, I hope so.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I would like to thank you all for your support, I was very keen to study and live in your great city, but unfortunately couldn't get the final approval from my employer.

Thank you again for your help and kindness and wish you all the best.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Hussein Alwan said:

Hi all,

I would like to thank you all for your support, I was very keen to study and live in your great city, but unfortunately couldn't get the final approval from my employer.

Awwww I'm sorry to hear that. Please come for a visit one day though ❤️

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Hussein Alwan said:

Hi all,

I'm sorry to hear this Hussein

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Hussein Alwan said:

Hi all,

I'm sorry to hear that 😞

• Like 1