What Are The Safest Areas For International Students To Live In Sheffield?

9 minutes ago, butlers said:

Welcome to Sheffield.

Hillsborough/Malin Bridge might be worth considering, there's a decent shopping area and huge park or the rivelin valley.

Its on the tram network which runs to the main campus.About 20 mins journey..

Thank you Butlers, I will be looking for those areas, I will be having more questions after checking all these area you have suggested. thanks a ton!

Traditionally Broomhill was the best area ,but its very student heavy and tends to be the most expensive area too ,so as a family would not be my pick.My family lived at Broomhill for 50 years

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hussein Alwan said:

Thank you Draggletail, I also heard that Broomhill is very safe, I will work on the the areas you all have suggested. 

Really appreciated, I'm really glad to see all these responses. 

You're welcome, regarding letting children go to school on their own or being taken by parents, in my experience as a parent in the  South West of the city, no matter how safe it is, people take their children to school. It's also quite nice and a good way of meeting other parents!

16 minutes ago, butlers said:

Welcome to Sheffield.

Hillsborough/Malin Bridge might be worth considering, there's a decent shopping area and huge park or the rivelin valley.

Its on the tram network which runs to the main campus.About 20 mins journey..

Should also say about the Hillsborough/Malin Bridge area.... it's good for G.P surgeries, both Hospitals are easy to get to, by public transport 30 mins and  a few dentists in the area.

We moved out to Stocksbridge last year, you really noticed the difference in services especially public transport.  

17 minutes ago, Hussein Alwan said:

Thank you Beechwood, I will take you recommendation as well, I have to nominate 3 schools to the city council so they can try find a seat for the children so they can join the school when arrive. I will look for the areas you and Delbow have mentioned. thanks!

you're welcome, we came to sheffield in 2012 its a great place.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Draggletail said:

You're welcome, regarding letting children go to school on their own or being taken by parents, in my experience as a parent in the  South West of the city, no matter how safe it is, people take their children to school. It's also quite nice and a good way of meeting other parents!

Totally agree it will be very nice meeting other people in that way, and as my study is research based, I mean I won't have many courses to attend, I will be able to take them in the morning, and my wife will bring them back. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Beechwood_S6 said:

Should also say about the Hillsborough/Malin Bridge area.... it's good for G.P surgeries, both Hospitals are easy to get to, by public transport 30 mins and  a few dentists in the area.

We moved out to Stocksbridge last year, you really noticed the difference in services especially public transport.  

Thank you for mentioning that, it is very important to take health care into account when choosing the area.

1 minute ago, Hussein Alwan said:

Totally agree it will be very nice meeting other people in that way, and as my study is research based, I mean I won't have many courses to attend, I will be able to take them in the morning, and my wife will bring them back. 

As you gradually get to know the parents and their children you'll be invited to children's birthday parties etc. Wishing you all the best with your journey and getting settled in. Sheffield people are friendly and welcoming. There are many wonderful parks/greenspaces in Sheffield to explore if you like that sort of thing, and easy access to the amazing Peak District, its more vigorous walks and villages.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Draggletail said:

As you gradually get to know the parents and their children you'll be invited to children's birthday parties etc. Wishing you all the best with your journey and getting settled in. Sheffield people are friendly and welcoming. There are many wonderful parks/greenspaces in Sheffield to explore if you like that sort of thing, and easy access to the amazing Peak District, its more vigorous walks and villages.

Thank you very much Draggletail, It will be only 4 years, I'm really keen to use my time in the UK effeciently, to have more friends, and for my kids to have new experince and education. We for sure like to explore the city, my family look forward for that.

Thank you all for your kind and quick responses!

• Like 1

Give yourselves a pat on the back, it's lovely to see people being helpful.

I've nothing to add to the comments, except to wish Mr. Hussein and his family all the very best in their stay in Sheffield..

A big welcome from me Hussein...

• Like 4