US Presidential Debate.

Just now, The_DADDY said:

Yeah, I stopped reading there.

You clearly have absolutely no idea how many Americans are supporting him and are going to vote for him 

You may hate him. That's fine. More power too you but please don't assume that everyone or even most people feel the same.

As for me? I neither like nor dislike him as a person because I don't know him personally.  As a politician he did well as potus. Much better than Joe is doing but (and I've said this before) it staggers me that in a country of so many, the best they could come up with was hillary Clinton and a business man with Zero political experience. The businessman won.

In the next election the best the democrats could do was senile old Joe who won. 

Actually let's be honest. Joe isn't the real president and never was. He's an easily manipulated puppet who has almost served his purpose. 

When he has, he'll be gone and someone else will take over.

You stopped reading there? Fair enough it's your choice, but do me a favour and don't bother to reply to any of my posts again. A forum is supposed to be about debate. If you're incapable of that then there's no point in discussing anything with you is there?

5 minutes ago, m williamson said:

You don't appear to have comprehended my comment.  My niece does not support Trump, she detests him, she finds him a nauseating embarrassment to both her country and her party but many Americans vote like many Sheffielders do. As has often been said you could put a monkey up in a Labour seat in parts of Sheffield and they'd elect him.

America has done that only Trump is more dangerous.  https://responsiblestatecraft.org/2021/01/20/trump-the-anti-war-president-was-always-a-myth/

And your neice is voting for him and his policies?

She makes about as much sense as you do!  Lol

You stopped reading there? Fair enough it's your choice, but do me a favour and don't bother to reply to any of my posts again. A forum is supposed to be about debate. If you're incapable of that then there's no point in discussing anything with you is there?

I can bedate sure. But what's the point of debating with someone who starts off with "No one can dispute that Trump is one of the most objectionable people to have ever reached the position he has"

I'm happy to give your future posts a swerve if that's what you wish.

No hard feelings on my part 👍

1 minute ago, trastrick said:

Which one would you choose to drive your schoolkids to school?

Or trust to run a grocery store for you?

Or to run the Greatest Economy in the world?

Or to be Leader of the Free World, and Commander in Chief, when we are getting closer and closer to WW3

Neither, but the only reason I wouldn't trust Biden is his age. I wouldn't trust Trump to do any of those, especially drive my grandchildren to school. one of them is a granddaughter and a man who lusts after his own daughter shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a female child.

As for running an economy, that clown owes billions and had he put the money his father left him in Fortune 500 companies he'd be a debt free billionaire.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2021/10/11/its-official-trump-would-be-richer-if-he-had-just-invested-his-inheritance-into-the-sp500/

And have you any idea what isolation means? It means leaving the rest of the world to its own devices.

Just now, m williamson said:

Neither, but the only reason I wouldn't trust Biden is his age. I wouldn't trust Trump to do any of those, especially drive my grandchildren to school. one of them is a granddaughter and a man who lusts after his own daughter shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a female child.

As for running an economy, that clown owes billions and had he put the money his father left him in Fortune 500 companies he'd be a debt free billionaire.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2021/10/11/its-official-trump-would-be-richer-if-he-had-just-invested-his-inheritance-into-the-sp500/

And have you any idea what isolation means? It means leaving the rest of the world to its own devices.

My bold

Shall I assume you haven't read the Ashley Biden diary?

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I can bedate sure. But what's the point of debating with someone who starts off with "No one can dispute that Trump is one of the most objectionable people to have ever reached the position he has"

I'm happy to give your future posts a swerve if that's what you wish.

No hard feelings on my part 👍

None on mine either, what's the point of debating with someone who claims to have no opinion on someone yet defends them at every opportunity? 👍

• Like 1

None on mine either, what's the point of debating with someone who claims to have no opinion on someone yet defends them at every opportunity? 👍

My bold

Oh dear. There's no need to fib. I've made me feelings clear on Trump a long time ago. I don't defend him as such, I just usually take issue with people who say they HATE or DETEST him and people like you who say things like "No one can dispute that Trump is one of the most objectionable people to have ever reached the position he has."      

That's just your opinion but you state it as fact.

Same deal with farage.

I wouldn't vote for him but I take issue with people who get all personal and insulting towards anyone who would vote for him.

There's already too much hate in the world.

Why add anymore?

• Like 1

I've written about The Heritage Foundation in the past.
Has anyone read anything about Project 2025??  Wiki, but obviously other sources are available.

Project 2025, also known as the Presidential Transition Project, is a collection of conservative policy proposals from the Heritage Foundation to reshape the United States federal government in the event of a Republican Party victory in the 2024 presidential election.

Established in 2022, the project has been most notable for how it aims to achieve its objectives.

It proposes reclassifying tens of thousands of merit-based federal civil servant jobs as political appointees in order to replace them with loyal conservatives to further the objectives of the next Republican president.

It also adopts a maximalist version of the unitary executive theory, a disputed interpretation of Article II of the Constitution of the United States, which asserts that the president has absolute power over the executive branch upon inauguration.

Critics of Project 2025 have described this as an authoritarian, Christian nationalist plan to turn the United States into an autocracy.

Several experts in law and conservatives have indicated that it would undermine the rule of law and the separation of powers and individual rights and freedoms.

2 hours ago, m williamson said:

If you  wish. No one can dispute that Trump is one of the most objectionable people to have ever reached the position he has. He would almost certainly be serving time for the crimes he has been found guilty of if it were not for the embarrassment that would cause to the country.

Leaving aside his convictions, this is a man who has publicly mocked a disabled man on national television and insulted a genuine war hero while he himself avoided the draft by virtue of some mysterious bone spur.   https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/12/27/trump-vietnam-war-bone-spur-diagnosis/2420475002/

He is a racist and a misogynist  who has made remarks about his daughter describing her as " a piece of ass ". He has no discernible redeeming features .  That being the case it is perfectly natural to wonder about someone who leaps to his defence at every opportunity. Presumably that person admires Trump and has no problem with his actions? Which would indicate that that person has similar opinions and views on women, the disabled, different races and insulting people who did their duty by their country, wouldn't it?

https://pascrell.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=4452

Your thoughts.

Here's yer "bone spurs story" :

"The women did not offer any documentation to back up their claims. They said their father's story also involved a second podiatrist, Manny Weinstein, who died in 1995. Weinstein's landlord was also Fred Trump."

As to the phony claim that Trump called  the Military  those names:

"If allegations in The Atlantic magazine by editor Jeffrey Goldberg are to be believed, the terms “loser” and “sucker” were applied to Americans in the military by President Donald Trump; publicly in the case of Sen. John McCain. The Atlantic cites four anonymous sources who say they have firsthand knowledge of the discussion but Trump denies the allegations. 

Your "hero" McCain?

McCain, a pilot, shot down and captured in Viet Nam, was a "high value" POW for the communist Viet Cong. "His father, John S. McCain II, was a highly regarded Rear Admiral then serving as Commander of all US forces in the Pacific. His grandfather was also a Rear Admiral".

His constant beating and torture at the hands of the communists, for five and a half years, is confirmed only by his own words. There are other descriptions of his treatment from those who were actually there, and some admissions on his own part.

He was forced to confess to war crimes, and accuse  the U.S. and his fellow POWs of atrocities. At the time there were photos and and video circulating in the MSM News which I saw personally.  They have long been vacuumed up by today's editorialists and revisionists.

"All humans have breaking points. Many men undergoing torture give confessions, often telling huge lies so their fakery will be understood by their comrades and their country. Few will fault them. But it was McCain who apparently felt he had disgraced himself and his military family. His father, John S. McCain II, was a highly regarded rear admiral then serving as commander of all US forces in the Pacific. His grandfather was also a rear admiral.

"In his bestselling 1999 autobiography, Faith of My Fathers, McCain says he felt bad throughout his captivity because he knew he was being treated more leniently than his fellow POWs, owing to his high-ranking father and thus his propaganda value. Other prisoners at Hoa Lo say his captors considered him a prize catch and called him the “Crown Prince,” something McCain acknowledges in the book"

"Also in this memoir, McCain expresses guilt at having broken under torture and given the confession. “I felt faithless and couldn’t control my despair,” he writes, revealing that he made two “feeble” attempts at suicide. (In later years, he said he tried to hang himself with his shirt and guards intervened.) Tellingly, he says he lived in “dread” that his father would find out about the confession. “I still wince,” he writes, “when I recall wondering if my father had heard of my disgrace.”

He says that when he returned home, he told his father about the confession, but “never discussed it at length”—and the Admiral, who died in 1981, didn’t indicate he had heard anything about it before. But he had. In the 1999 memoir, the senator writes: “I only recently learned that the tape…had been broadcast outside the prison and had come to the attention of my father.”

https://www.typeinvestigations.org/investigation/2008/10/06/mccain-pow-cover/

Rats that get special treatment for accusing their country and fellow POW's of War Crimes?

Gimme a break!

No wonder the MSM were able to manipulate so many dupes these past 7 years.

1 hour ago, m williamson said:

What’s his private money got to do with the economy  ?