Suspended sentence for fatal cyclist accident driver

Just now, lavery549@yahoo said:

I find some people have no patience & have to be in front , despite of the dangers of doing so . It's ridiculous 

Yeah it's pretty sad when you think about it. This competitiveness they have just makes the roads more unsafe for everyone.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold.

Agreed. Whilst many cyclists do themselves no favours I stress to my daughter the importance of giving them as much space as possible. A few weeks ago we were heading back home via Whiston. As we were approaching the brow of the hill a cyclist was in front, We slowed to let him reach the top with the intention of overtaking once we'd reached the top. I reckon it must have put about 20 to 30 seconds on our journey. No bother. Unfortunately the car behind couldn't wait that long, overtook us and the cyclist and was almost hit by a car coming the other way. 

All for 30 seconds. The silliest part about it is he drove off and by the time we got to the traffic lights he was there, waiting for it to turn green so he'd literally made up just one car length for all that risk.

Muppet 🙄 

It was all caught on dashcam too. 

You need to submit that to SYP, that driver needs to be explaining themselves to a copper.

If they'd hit that car, it could have injured not only the other driver and/or any passengers in either car, but also the cyclist they were overtaking.

Taking risks with other peoples lives over something so frivolous really needs to be stamped out.

(You can usually strip the audio so you'd just submit a silent video, that's fine.)

https://smartcontact.southyorkshire.police.uk/advice/driving-complaint/

• Like 1