£300 fine for fly tipping

12 hours ago, crookesey said:

I wouldn’t have the council’s number to hand, do you think that the police are to busy fighting crime, because I don’t?

You can't even get them to attend a burglary. What makes you think they're gonna come to someone dumping a fridge and some plastic bags?

11 hours ago, *_ash_* said:

You've almost summed up there why no one will ever report anything if they see it. Experience from ringing either the council or the police non-emergency (which I don't know the number of) is enough. 

1. 999 - get told off for non emergency call. 

2. They refer to council - even if anyone bothered, which I doubt it, then they would refer you to the police, if you pressed enough 3's 2's, and actually managed to speak to anyone.

3. Ring the police - hours queueing for non-emergency stuff

4. They'll tell you it's not a police issue and ring the council.

This is British service!

1. It's a non-emergency and you've called the emergency line
2. Online reporting is easy enough, you've managed to post here so it's not like you're not able to use the internet. There's even a non-profit website to make it even easier www.fixmystreet.co.uk
3. 101 (which is well advertised), the police non-emergency line, the most I've waited ever using it was 30mins

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, crookesey said:

So if I were to witness such a ‘none emergency’ and take a photo of it along with one of the vehicle registration plate, where do I take/send it?

This was answered directly above where you just posted. 

5 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

This was answered directly above where you just posted. 

Yes missed that, however I just wondered what would happen if fly tippers dropped off their load at the entrance of say, Woodseats Police Station, do they simply call 101? :huh:

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, *_ash_* said:

2. They refer to council - even if anyone bothered, which I doubt it, then they would refer you to the police, if you pressed enough 3's 2's, and actually managed to speak to anyone.

You’re doing the council a dis-service.

Have you ever actually reported anyone for fly-tipping?

The council do actually have a very good, very proactive team who actively investigate fly tipping and prosecute the people involved where they can.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

The council do actually have a very good, very proactive team who actively investigate fly tipping and prosecute the people involved where they can.

When conducting business with any organisation, be they public or private, it is advisable not to get their backs up by treating them as idiots, by not doing this the only idiot in the conversation is you. Remember to always treat the other guy in the way you wish to be treated by him/her. 👍

There is an app called clear waste where you can take a picture of any fly tipping, the app detects your location and is then reported to the local council or registered landowner. You can post anonymously  as well if you wish.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Planner1 said:

I have never reported it you are right. 

My experience with ringing the council was limited to Council tax issues and taxi licensing issues... both of which were 100% bad experiences every time. 

21 minutes ago, iansheff said:

There is an app called clear waste where you can take a picture of any fly tipping, the app detects your location and is then reported to the local council or registered landowner. You can post anonymously  as well if you wish.

Sounds good fly tipping really pi'xxses me off they need to be stopped innocent people are getting fines for the bad guys to be honest the council could not run a bath regarding flytipping ! 

• Like 1