With God on our side

1 hour ago, crookesey said:

Don’t all religions recognise ‘The One True God’, making them all basically worshiping the same thing?

Not necessarily because all religions aren't necessarily based on the worshipping of a god.

1 hour ago, Delayed said:

Not necessarily because all religions aren't necessarily based on the worshipping of a god.

You will note that I said ‘thing’, in no  was I relating to anything humanoid. 

16 hours ago, crookesey said:

Don’t all religions recognise ‘The One True God’, making them all basically worshiping the same thing?

All the major religions do.

Christians, Muslims and Jews worship "the God of Abraham" and they comprise 54% of the World's populations.

But they differ bitterly over his priests and prophets, and just what it is He's supposed to be telling them😃

I find it odd that those who only believe in one god, or supernatural being, also believe in the devil, or angels or demons or even all of them.

1 hour ago, Uggy said:

I find it odd that those who only believe in one god, or supernatural being, also believe in the devil, or angels or demons or even all of them.

Well those that believe in God understand that the Devil, Angels and Demons are all Angels. 

9 hours ago, trastrick said:

All the major religions do.

No they don't. Judaism doesn't even count as a major religion because it doesn't have enough followers - it's dwarfed by both Hinduism and Buddhism for example.

But they differ bitterly over his priests and prophets, and just what it is He's supposed to be telling them😃

That's inherent in the nature of religions. All religions are about control and when people of a certain character find can't be the ones in control they form a splinter group so they can be in charge of that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delayed said:

Well those that believe in God understand that the Devil, Angels and Demons are all Angels. 

With God like powers?

1 hour ago, Uggy said:

With God like powers?

No not at all. 

Angels are subservient to God.

Lucifer is a fallen angel but does not have the power to be omnipotent.