Famous acts at the Black Swan.

• 1 month later...

As an underage drinker I occasionally ventured into The Black Swan.I can't recall all the bands I saw,but recall seeing O'Hara's Playboys, Birthday Cake, Bitter Suite,and a cuppla others.I didn't see Tiny Tim play but seem to recall reading in the Sheffield Star,or Sheffield Telegraph that he had planted a tree in the Peace Gardens.There was a photo with the written article.

Joe Cocker also planted a tree in Sheffield a few years ago.At Hallam University on top end of Howard Street I seem to remember.I think Cocker was there at the time to receive an Honoury Doctor award?

I am wondering about the photo/link Alextopman kindly put on this thread.I'm thinking Joe Cocker's mother was in attendance at the gig.Is that her sat on the edge of the stage,or possibly the lady sat at the table? Maybe a forum member can confirm.

15 minutes ago, zakes said:

As an underage drinker I occasionally ventured into The Black Swan.I can't recall all the bands I saw,but recall seeing O'Hara's Playboys, Birthday Cake, Bitter Suite,and a cuppla others.I didn't see Tiny Tim play but seem to recall reading in the Sheffield Star,or Sheffield Telegraph that he had planted a tree in the Peace Gardens.There was a photo with the written article.

Joe Cocker also planted a tree in Sheffield a few years ago.At Hallam University on top end of Howard Street I seem to remember.I think Cocker was there at the time to receive an Honoury Doctor award?

I am wondering about the photo/link Alextopman kindly put on this thread.I'm thinking Joe Cocker's mother was in attendance at the gig.Is that her sat on the edge of the stage,or possibly the lady sat at the table? Maybe a forum member can confirm.

Tiny Tim didn't play,  but made an appearance remember him stood in the doorway to the concert room?  he was playing I think at the club near on. Wonder what he thought of the beer.