Slow, slow, quick, quick slow!!

It's start up, and when using it, It's OK at the moment now, but wasn't when I posted, it's been like this for about four days, never took much notice of it as it does seem to rectify itself in time, only to come back again later

48 minutes ago, aardvark6535 said:

I only have two things running at startup, 360 antivirus and windows security notification. I have now disabled the 360 software.

Norton 360?
I think we found the issue 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aardvark6535 said:

It's just that I'd like to try other things first, I'm not convinced that it would solve my prob, though I have got rid of some things on there. would just moving it all to a folder do the job?

yes putting it all in a folder should help if it don't

you can put them back on your desktop

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, aardvark6535 said:

No, I'm silly, not STUPID - LOL - 360 total security - It might be just as bad though.

After 15 seconds of Googling I'd highly recommend you uninstall it and use Windows Defender instead... it has really dodgy reviews

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aardvark6535 said:

It's start up, and when using it, It's OK at the moment now, but wasn't when I posted, it's been like this for about four days, never took much notice of it as it does seem to rectify itself in time, only to come back again later

ok, which part of startup... .Talk me through it..

You press the power button.... lights and fans etc come on - is it at this point you wait?
OR.... it continues to windows logo, then it's at THIS point you wait.....

20 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

After 15 seconds of Googling I'd highly recommend you uninstall it and use Windows Defender instead... it has really dodgy reviews

Thinking.................. I have just renewed the licence on the antivirus, Just about when my problems started, I'm having trouble registering it to my account, so I think this is the problem. I've used it for 4/6 years without a prob. But I think it's time I got rid of it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ghozer said:

ok, which part of startup... .Talk me through it..

You press the power button.... lights and fans etc come on - is it at this point you wait?
OR.... it continues to windows logo, then it's at THIS point you wait.....

It continues to log on, and after I put in the password, (wish I could get rid of that password) the browser also goes on a go slow (Firefox).

I do think it's that 360 antivirus, no trouble since I disabled it, but that's only been a couple of hours.

• Like 1

It seems that there is something going on in the background, something that is using every scrap of processing power it can grab. Once it has loaded, started or whatever it's doing, everything is OK, until I power on the computer again the next time - Interesting, though, if there is only a short time between switching it off and re-starting, it seems to still be loaded, so it just starts right up without any delay.