Dads in Sheffield denied compensation if their children are killed

13 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Yup. You're triggered. 🙄

I might have said this before, but you are one of the least convincing liars I've ever come across.

1 minute ago, Delbow said:

I might have said this before, but you are one of the least convincing liars I've ever come across.

Have I ever told you how much I like you?

I think you're awesome and Not boring, pompous and sometimes quite arrogant. 

You're smashing 👏 

19 hours ago, Beechwood_S6 said:

My thoughts are that The Star deserves an award the most pathetic attempt at a news site.

Could not agree more. This is pretty desperate even by their standards, well in reality the standards of whatever conglomerate owns them right now. 

So we have a campaign and PR group representing personal injury claimant lawyers and some spokesperson making a criticism about potential bias over one element of how compensation is assessed. They declare they will petition the government about it - which at best will just lead to some debate in parliament in many years time and even longer (if at all) to even  change laws.

It's a press release level story and maybe a small article among the law journals.  That's it.   

But oh no, here comes along the desperate click bating regional newspapers who take the non story, over exaggerate and tenuously try to link it to whatever town they serve by throwing in some meaningless stat. It's pathetic. 

A quick Google shows even more how see-through it all is. Exactly the same story. Exactly the same headline only changed to  Blackpool dads....  Northern Ireland dads....  Derbyshire dads....

The Star has never really been prize-winning  journalism, but at least a couple of decades ago they they tried to keep it relevant.  Now they're not even trying.

• Like 2