3 hours ago, Draggletail said:

This seems to be fairly common, from what I've read. Has seeing events like this led you to believe that we 'carry on' after death, that consciousness survives death?

Yes

• Thanks 1

My recollection of death was sitting on the settee after feeling a bit rough, then gone and remembering nothing for a fortnight, no one waiting or bright lights, but the pain of broken ribs after being resuscitated made up for my feeling nothing.

17 hours ago, pattricia said:

I’ve seen people when dying suddenly sit up and turn towards the door, holding their arms out towards an unseen figure to the nurses, but causes the dying patient to smile, lay down again, then pass away a few minutes later.

I saw this with my own eyes when my partner passed.

• Like 2

Stan Laurel (Laurel-n- Hardy) died in 1965.

Four days after a suffering a heart attack, he told his nurse he wouldn't mind going skiing,

Taken aback, the nurse said "I didn't know you liked skiing"

"I don't" replied Stan. "But I'd rather be doing that then this"

A few seconds later he died peacefully in his armchair.....

Still making us laugh.  RIP. Stan.

• Like 1

Talk about a laugh.

Death can provide us with a laugh.

Yesterday I went to a funeral, one of my old pals past away, a smashing bloke whom everyone had a good word to say about him.

Anyway as they brought his body into the Church, the bottom fell out of the coffin and his body smashed onto the marble Church floor...

Unfortunately the head became separated and rolled under one of the pews, where it became stuck under a wooden panel...

Everyone was in fits of laughter as the Vicar took half an hour trying to retrieve the head using a candlestick.

Even the undertaker couldn't keep a straight face...

Had is wife still been alive, I'm sure she would have been laughing as loud as we were...

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Padders said:

Talk about a laugh.

Death can provide us with a laugh.

Yesterday I went to a funeral, one of my old pals past away, a smashing bloke whom everyone had a good word to say about him.

Anyway as they brought his body into the Church, the bottom fell out of the coffin and his body smashed onto the marble Church floor...

Unfortunately the head became separated and rolled under one of the pews, where it became stuck under a wooden panel...

Everyone was in fits of laughter as the Vicar took half an hour trying to retrieve the head using a candlestick.

Even the undertaker couldn't keep a straight face...

Had is wife still been alive, I'm sure she would have been laughing as loud as we were...

A 93 year old neighbour of  went to attend a funeral at the crematorium and said "It's a waste of time coming home he might as well stop there".

1 hour ago, spilldig said:

A 93 year old neighbour of  went to attend a funeral at the crematorium and said "It's a waste of time coming home he might as well stop there".

On a low light?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1