Reform not on the Ballot Paper in Sheffield

56 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I agree but the general public are, in the main, thick.

The reason why they're looking to vote reform in the first place 😂😂😂

• Haha 2

Seems there are 22 constituencies nationwide (excluding NI) where Reform arent standing, and Sheffield has five of them.

Others include one in Brighton, one in Bristol, Cambridge, Chorley, Donny North, Maidenhead, Leeds South, Hexham, and West Dorset

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

I agree but the general public are, in the main, thick.

The wisdom of a nation is in its people, it's wise to remember that.

Posted (edited)

Reform have said all along, "we know we can't win, we know we don't have enough candidates" etc, but they want to make a dent and be there to represent!

Edited by Ghozer
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

It just says SDP on the ballot paper. No wonder people have got confused. The SDP have done the dirty on Reform here by not registering the agreed name.

They made the agreement after the registration deadline, I believe — and so were reliant on word-of-mouth.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

They made the agreement after the registration deadline, I believe — and so were reliant on word-of-mouth.

The agreement was in 2022, as per the link. The deadline to register a name on a ballot was June 2024.

So absolutely no reason why the ballot couldnt say it was a Reform and SDP tie up, it looks to the casual observer that the SDP have done the dirty on Reform, at least in Sheffield Heeley anyway.

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Delbow said:

That's why England is f***ed

Well so many are university educated now, what did you expect😀

3 hours ago, Bollie said:

I've noticed lots of comments on Twitter about Reform not being on their ballot paper due to lack of candidates. It's a shame that these people lost/wasted their votes when they were expecting Reform to be there. Some folks are pretty angry on Twitter!  

At first it looked like it was just south east Sheffield that was affected but then there were comments from Heeley, Hillsborough, Brightside and I think as far as Penistone.

Then I saw a suggestion that, should this situation occur, we are advised to vote SDP as an alternative as they have 'merged' with Reform.

I don't really know what this means but if this is the case, the word needs to get out before people arrive at the ballot box and get a shock!  

Has anyone else heard the same?

No Reform option in Heeley or Sheffield City (Town Hall). Mysterious that this was not highlighted to the electorate. Not helpful to call people thick if they did not look at the list of candidates in their own constituency. I would expect everyone to be surprised if there was no Labour, Conservative or Liberal Democratic candidate in their constituency.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Georgette said:

No Reform option in Heeley or Sheffield City (Town Hall).

As already stated there is no Reform candidate in Sheffield at all, bar the one in Penistone & Stocksbridge (half a Sheffield constituency).

"Mysterious this was not highlighted to the elctorate" - well blame can only be apportioned in one direction here cant it?