Happy 4th of July to our American friends (and UK voters)

Posted (edited)

I don't have many traditions, but this is one of them.

Happy Fourth of July to all our American members and friends - congratulations on throwing off your colonial shackles and growing into the greatest country in the world. Yes the US-phobes will be trotting along to point out all the bad stuff I'm sure, but today I want to celebrate Independence Day (and a change of government here too).

Hope it all goes off with a BANG and you all enjoy the Fourth of July with your friends and family.

Happy 4th of July From Color Glo International — Color Glo International

Edited by Phanerothyme
title edit
  • Like 3

Thank you once again Phan! My old friend, you never forget.  I hope you and your family are doing well. 

It feels like my country is going to Hell in a handbasket. 😢 But for today, we can forget our troubles,  eat too much, blow things up and enjoy ourselves. The weather here is incredibly hot.  We're all accustomed to hot weather this time of year, but this is  ridiculous.   And some of my neighbors and their guests really, really love fireworks.  Still, it was a great day!  Thanks again!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

My missus is American, we are having Chicago style hot dogs tonight, corn on the cob then homemade brownies for dessert.

Chicago style hot dogs are the best! I also made homemade brownies and it's a good thing I snatched one early, because they didn't last long.  We got to meet our neighbor's new English daughter in  law, and between all the food, noise and new people telling her they love her accent, she looks  a bit dazed. 🤣 She seems like a lovely girl though and you can tell, she's so in love with her husband. God bless them.  The fireworks are not stopping yet, may as well go watch them. 

• Like 2

Hi Sierra! It looks crazy from over here, can't imagine what it must be like over there!

Wishing you and your kin the Best of British luck and a return to less deranged times soon.

I hope you and your family had a great day. The family's all grown up here, just waiting for the next generation to turn up now - but they seem to be in no rush! Can't say that I blame them :P

• Like 2