Tory leadership contest 2024

1 hour ago, Magilla said:

Fair cop!Whoopsy! 😿

Still... that he was someone with no connection whatsoever to the incident in question, and doesn't live anywhere near... spot on! 🙄

Can you clarify why you think he should make any statement at all on the incident you highlight?

Yes.

He obviously and quite correctly is showing his distain for the apparent death threats aimed at a certain individual yet I've not seen him comment on what is probably the highest profile " death threat" case in recent years.

Why do you ask?

9 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

He obviously and quite correctly is showing his distain for the apparent death threats aimed at a certain individual yet I've not seen him comment on what is probably the highest profile " death threat" case in recent years.

Death threats are all too common, MPs, meteorologists, celebrities, councillors, almost anybody in the public eye, we can't all be going round making public statements about every death treat in the news. Or maybe we do but nobody cares to report them. What a bizarre argument argument you are pursuing.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

None of them, to be honest 

Sir Keir Starmer  didn't inspire many people but has ended up as prime minister.  Whoever wins the Tory leadership has a good chance of replacing Sir Keir Starmer as prime minister after the next general election.  It's a different situation to when Tony Blair won the 1997 general election.

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

So does every politician, pundit and talking head when death threats happen. Haven't seen any reports highlighting anyone other than those directly involved having much comment either.

What makes Mr.Khan so special? 🙄

We've recently had globally reported news of individuals spreading malicous rumours about people eating pets, leading to numerous death and bomb threats, school and hospital evacuations... as someone who's usually so vocal about such things on this forum, I haven't heard a peep out of you about that either!

The lady doth protest too much, methinks! 😉

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Why do you ask?

I wondered if the answer involved you virtue signalling some more... it was! :thumbsup: 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 04/10/2024 at 13:50, Al Bundy said:

If Mr Khan is so vehemently against death threats then I would imagine he is very vocal about the teacher from Batley, who 4 years later is still in hiding after receiving many death threats from the Muslim community?

I can't seem to find anything highlighting his disgust at that, can you?

I think just about all of us are against death threats, so why would an MP who is not even linked to the local area have to make a statement about what someone totally different said?