Tory leadership contest 2024

34 minutes ago, High Chaparral said:

It looks like Kemi Badenoch has blown her leadership chances with the comment about maternity pay.  It's been made worse by her claim she has been misrepresented. 

Awww that's a shame.

I was looking forward to some keen minded journalist asking her that if she wins the Conservative Party leader position, does she think that each Labour MP should have to register that as a gift

😂

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Awww that's a shame.

I was looking forward to some keen minded journalist asking her that if she wins the Conservative Party leader position, does she think that each Labour MP should have to register that as a gift

😂

Wasn’t funny the first time round  :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, High Chaparral said:

It will go down well with the voting Tory membership. 

As did Brexit.

In fact in a now notorious poll of Tory members, a majority were prepared to see the break up of the UK to get their rotten brexit. 

Similarly if Tories decide to leave the ECHR then that will undermine the terms of the good Friday Agreement. I don't suppose the Tory membership will care too much about that.

21 minutes ago, Mister M said:

As did Brexit.

In fact in a now notorious poll of Tory members, a majority were prepared to see the break up of the UK to get their rotten brexit. 

Similarly if Tories decide to leave the ECHR then that will undermine the terms of the good Friday Agreement. I don't suppose the Tory membership will care too much about that.

The UK government and the Irish government will make a new agreement to address any issues if the UK withdraw from the ECHR. Using the good Friday Agreement for scaremongering didn't work regarding the implementation of Brexit and will not work should a future UK government want to withdrew from the ECHR. 

9 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I was reading that the UK's level of maternity pay is one of the lowest in Europe.

....But one of the top 5 countries in the world for amount of paid leave offered.   

Take your pick.  High pay for a short period or a long period of leave at lower pay.

• Like 1