Tory leadership contest 2024

21 minutes ago, High Chaparral said:

Robert Jenrick voted to leave the EU. Get your facts correct.

16 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Jenrick campaigned to remain in the EU. In the referendum, he voted to remain. He subsequently backed Theresa May’s deal.

Then the was radicalised by Suella Braverman .

He’s a poor example to choose when talking of people sticking to their principles.

I believe he voted against a second referendum, however, see below

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-35616946
image.png.9a3627bfc7f47be40cb3e32d5a2b871f.png

19 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Jenrick campaigned to remain in the EU. In the referendum, he voted to remain. He subsequently backed Theresa May’s deal.

Then the was radicalised by Suella Braverman .

He’s a poor example to choose when talking of people sticking to their principles.

It's irrelevant how Robert Jenrick voted in the EU referendum. What is relevant is that Robert Jenrick respected the result of the referendum and afterwards  supported the UK leaving the EU which is the correct thing to do if you support democracy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, High Chaparral said:

It's irrelevant how Robert Jenrick voted in the EU referendum. What is relevant is that Robert Jenrick respected the result of the referendum and afterwards  supported the UK leaving the EU which is the correct thing to do if you support democracy. 

It isn’t irrelevant if people are trying to portray him as a man who sticks to his principles.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

It isn’t irrelevant if people are trying to portray him as a man who sticks to his principles.

Respecting democracy is the most important and precious principle that any honest politician can do.  You're a disgrace who doesn't respect democracy and don't deserve to live in a democratic country. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, High Chaparral said:

Respecting democracy is the most important and precious principle that any honest politician can do.  You're a disgrace who doesn't respect democracy and don't deserve to live in a democratic country. 

Thats quite an irrelevant rant.

How do you know that I don’t respect democracy? I’ve not said anything about that. Are you sure that you are feeling ok?

Anyway, we were talking about Robert Jenrick and his lack of moral fibre. He’d be a perfect leader for the duplicitous, corrupt, spineless Conservative Party. I hope he wins.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

How do you know that I don’t respect democracy? I’ve not said anything about that. Are you sure that you are feeling ok?

Anyway, we were talking about Robert Jenrick and his lack of moral fibre. He’d be a perfect leader for the duplicitous, corrupt, spineless Conservative Party. I hope he wins.

I know because you stated

Jenrick campaigned to remain in the EU. In the referendum, he voted to remain.

and then criticised him for voting in favour of the UK leaving the EU.  Every MP should have voted for the UK to leave after the referendum vote if they all respected democracy. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, High Chaparral said:

Robert Jenrick voted to leave the EU. Get your facts correct.

All you had to do was Google.

Anyway, in a Q & A at the Conservative Party conference, Jenrick disclosed to the array of freakazoids that he is so desperate for their votes to be leader that he told them he made his daughter's middle name Thatcher. 

Not Margaret, but Thatcher.

Good job Jenrick's surname isn't Snatcher :hihi: 

2 hours ago, Prettytom said:

It’s Westy, it’s what we expect.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, High Chaparral said:

.Every MP should have voted for the UK to leave after the referendum vote if they all respected democracy. 

What if a majority  of their constituents voted remain? MP's are supposed to represent their constituency.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Longcol said:

What if a majority  of their constituents voted remain? MP's are supposed to represent their constituency.

Of course, the vote was roughly 51/49 in favour of Leave. So you would expect parliament to reflect the closeness of the vote.

You’d also expect a mature Government to respect the closeness of the vote and go for a very soft Brexit. Unfortunately, the second division chancers that Johnson assembled didn’t see it like that. So now, we are in a total mess.

• Like 1