Tory leadership contest 2024

6 minutes ago, Mister M said:

What rules?

The rules on here, or those of the Conservative Party?

Never claimed that I did.

Though as someone with a stake in LGB issues, I don't want someone seeking high office starting a culture war about people like me. Very simply, we know from the experiences of disabled people, Muslims and transgendered people, when they are made scapegoats by high profile politicians, they are subject to both physical and verbal attacks. 

If you want to have a target placed on your back for who you are, fine go ahead, but don't expect that from others.

Now thats weird. I pressed Submit report and my reply vanished..

Right, i agree her language is blunt, probably too blunt but she has a point re the flag being flown on government buildings. Its ridiculous and unnecessary. 

Same with council buildings, police cars, ambulances, the nhs, postal vans etc etc etc.

It's so over the top and rather cringe.

You say you have a stake in LGB issues. What about the T onwards? I'm in no way being funny, I'm genuinely asking because in my opinion it's not so much the LGB flag that's she's railing against, it's the T+ etc. As I understand it LGB has a separate awareness month from the LGBTQ+ etc? 

I would like to point out that I don't agree with her 'occupied territory' comment though. 

4 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Now thats weird. I pressed Submit report and my reply vanished..

Right, i agree her language is blunt, probably too blunt but she has a point re the flag being flown on government buildings. Its ridiculous and unnecessary. 

Same with council buildings, police cars, ambulances, the nhs, postal vans etc etc etc.

It's so over the top and rather cringe.

You say you have a stake in LGB issues. What about the T onwards? I'm in no way being funny, I'm genuinely asking because in my opinion it's not so much the LGB flag that's she's railing against, it's the T+ etc. As I understand it LGB has a separate awareness month from the LGBTQ+ etc? 

I would like to point out that I don't agree with her 'occupied territory' comment though. 

I thought they were all under one LGBTQI …….  banner now . 

Just now, hackey lad said:

I thought they were all under one LGBTQI …….  banner now . 

I'm pretty sure the LGB element distanced itself from the rest. It was quite a while ago that I heard something along those lines so I could well be wrong. 

Do you know thinking about it I'm not sure I'm right. My Internet garbage tonight and I'm off to bed soon anyway but if someone could put me straight on my previous post I'd be grateful 🙏 

On 06/07/2024 at 12:31, Al Bundy said:

It needs a fresh new face to help rebuild a once respected political party.

I can't see Tories getting back until they change within themselves. 

Corruption,  greed, dishonesty, lies, arrogance- traits found amongst party members in the Tories -has to be done away with if they want redemption. 

I'm no Labour voter or Kier supporter, from what I gathered- ppl didn't vote for Kier, they voted for anyone but the Conservatives. Some see Kier as the lesser evil so let's see.

3 hours ago, Baz1 said:

I can't see Tories getting back until they change within themselves. 

They said it would take many years after the Labour Party suffered the massive defeat in the 2019 general election, but they have a great leader and Labour came bouncing back with their own massive majority.

2 hours ago, El Cid said:

They said it would take many years after the Labour Party suffered the massive defeat in the 2019 general election, but they have a great leader and Labour came bouncing back with their own massive majority.

The  Labour party lost the Hartlepool by-election in May 2021.  At the time Starmer was under pressure to resign as Labour leader.  Labour's fortunes only started to change at the end of 2021 when the Conservative Party's problem started.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rogets said:

Why not give Larry the Cat a chance?

He has been Chief Mouser for many years. so why not give him a chance at the top job?

That would be a catastrophe. 😺