Tory leadership contest 2024

1 minute ago, High Chaparral said:

He most certainly isn't a lazy git.  You don't get to be such an high profile and influential politician by being a lazy git.

If you think being a grifter and articulating people's base instincts is hard work....

3 minutes ago, cressida said:

That's because he doesn't waste time,  so has more time on his hands to plan.  Incidentally,  what was his view on limiting immigration?

Well he certainly doesn't waste his time on people in his constituency!

20 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

This is what you get when you spend years and years fighting and sticking your nose in the trough. There is nobody with any talent to lead the party.

I agree with you.  There will probably be another leadership challenge next year. 

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Well he certainly doesn't waste his time on people in his constituency!

Give him time,  has he had a Reform conference yet that takes up some time if he makes a speech.

5 minutes ago, Mister M said:

If you think being a grifter and articulating people's base instincts is hard work....

I'm saying he's not a lazy git.  You're wrong  and stupid to claim he is a lazy git.  Working down a coal mine is hard work. 

36 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Ah bless.

Either of these two will do really. Badenoch would be the bigger gift to Labour, but Honest Bob is almost as disastrous,

This is what you get when you spend years and years fighting and sticking your nose in the trough. There is nobody with any talent to lead the party.

Heard something earlier on News that said Badench would be bad news for Starmer .  Strong black woman was mentioned . 
Don’t shoot the messenger. 

8 minutes ago, High Chaparral said:

I'm saying he's not a lazy git.  You're wrong  and stupid to claim he is a lazy git.  Working down a coal mine is hard work. 

Has he been a coal miner too?:rolleyes:

If he was that conscientious he'd be working hard for his constituents. Instead he invents this story about the Speaker's Office advising him not to hold constituency surgeries, which he admitted is a lie.

I am surprised at you though Westy, you've always said you're against idle people living off the taxpayer. Yet here you are, defending one of them. :hihi:

• Sad 1

Out of the two that's left, hope it's Kemi Badenoch. 

Starmer won't know what to do with her.  I suppose he could employ his laser sharp brain that we've heard he has but have yet to see in the past 6 or so years but his main problem is she's a woman & he doesn't know how to deal with them or even know what a woman is. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Heard something earlier on News that said Badench would be bad news for Starmer .  Strong black woman was mentioned . 
Don’t shoot the messenger. 

A strong any coloured, any gendered leader would be bad for Starmer.

Badenoch isn’t one of those though. She’s a loose cannon with extreme right wing views.  Exactly what the Tories dont need.

What do you think about her?

3 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

A strong any coloured, any gendered leader would be bad for Starmer.

Badenoch isn’t one of those though. She’s a loose cannon with extreme right wing views.  Exactly what the Tories dont need.

What do you think about her?

Too early for her to be leader . Said it before .