Tory leadership contest 2024

Either will do for me as they will both be spending much  of the next 4 years fighting their own MPs as much as the Labour Party.

Uniting the party is no overnight fix in the same way that fixing the economy is a matter for a full term in government.

5 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

A strong any coloured, any gendered leader would be bad for Starmer.

Badenoch isn’t one of those though. She’s a loose cannon with extreme right wing views.  Exactly what the Tories dont need.

What do you think about her?

She’ll be their next leader. It’ll be trumpeted as how progressive the Tories are, when they are anything of the sort.

1 minute ago, Mister Gee said:

You’ve just put your finger on why you don’t take to her.

Thank you Mister Gee,  I can always rely on you,  I recall when Hilary Clinton was vying for the presidency and Radio5Live was interviewing loads of American women,  loud and strident,  rather put me off.  Used to be a saying 'American women wear the trousers',  I can well believe it.

Found this by Mister M

"The right wing have an trio of ghastly harpies to choose from - Priti Patel, Suella Braverman and Kemi Badenoch....Probably who can be most unpleasant will whittle that contest down."

I must have read this.

43 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Out of the two that's left, hope it's Kemi Badenoch. 

I have just read her Wikipedia page, she doesn't seem to have any principles, her degree is in Master of Engineering, not sure what relevance that has in Parliament. She lived abroad as a child, so not too familiar with the UK.

32 minutes ago, cressida said:

Found this by Mister M

"The right wing have an trio of ghastly harpies to choose from - Priti Patel, Suella Braverman and Kemi Badenoch....Probably who can be most unpleasant will whittle that contest down."

I must have read this.

I wrote that before the Tory leadership began....And it's played out as I expected - who can be the most vile wins the Tory leadership contest!

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I have just read her Wikipedia page, she doesn't seem to have any principles, her degree is in Master of Engineering, not sure what relevance that has in Parliament. She lived abroad as a child, so not too familiar with the UK.

Seriously :confused: