Tory leadership contest 2024

59 minutes ago, rogets said:

Why not give Larry the Cat a chance?

He has been Chief Mouser for many years. so why not give him a chance at the top job?

I've heard of "Puss in Boots"

But never in Westminster?

12 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Now thats weird. I pressed Submit report and my reply vanished..

Right, i agree her language is blunt, probably too blunt but she has a point re the flag being flown on government buildings. Its ridiculous and unnecessary. 

Same with council buildings, police cars, ambulances, the nhs, postal vans etc etc etc.

It's so over the top and rather cringe.

You say you have a stake in LGB issues. What about the T onwards? I'm in no way being funny, I'm genuinely asking because in my opinion it's not so much the LGB flag that's she's railing against, it's the T+ etc. As I understand it LGB has a separate awareness month from the LGBTQ+ etc? 

I would like to point out that I don't agree with her 'occupied territory' comment though. 

How often is the Pride flag flown from Government buildings? 

It says something pretty obvious when a Home Secretary and others think a  Pride flag being flown from a government building is a problem; but doesn't even reference the growth in attacks and crimes on people from that community. Or even wonder why it might be happening :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Mister M said:

How often is the Pride flag flown from Government buildings? 

It says something pretty obvious when a Home Secretary and others think a  Pride flag being flown from a government building is a problem; but doesn't even reference the growth in attacks and crimes on people from that community. Or even wonder why it might be happening :rolleyes:

Why is there a need to fly a Pride flag from any government buildings?  The only flags flown from Government buildings should be the flags that represent the UK and the Royal Standard. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Wing Commander said:

Why is there a need to fly a Pride flag from any government buildings?  The only flags flown from Government buildings should be the flags that represent the UK and the Royal Standard. 

I dunno - maybe to commemorate 50  years of the first Pride march in London on 1972, if that's what Braverman was whinging about....

Perhaps if she'd have been a better Home Secretary, then she might've felt it was part of her brief to ensure that people from minorities felt safe, rather than currying favour with the scuzzzier part of the population from whom she wants to be popular.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I dunno - maybe to commemorate 50  years of the first Pride march in London on 1972, if that's what Braverman was whinging about....

Perhaps if she'd have been a better Home Secretary, then she might've felt it was part of her brief to ensure that people from minorities felt safe, rather than currying favour with the scuzzzier part of the population from whom she wants to be popular.

Where will it end if public buildings display flags of all minority groups commemorating anniversaries of when they first started marching?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Wing Commander said:

Where will it end if public buildings display flags of all minority groups commemorating anniversaries of when they first started marching?

We'll be flagged out

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Wing Commander said:

I don't know and care even less