Tory leadership contest 2024

13 minutes ago, cressida said:

Not a good enough reason,   Gove should look at himself the goof.

I know Tory Boy accuses a Tory Boy of looking like Tory Boy 😂

Edited by Mister M
  • Haha 1

I heard the actual interview with Gove this morning. He said that Jenrick was a typical Tory boy, like himself. He wasn't saying say that he looked like the Harry Enfield character @Mister M 😜 

It was a discussion about the relative downside differences between Badenoch and Jenrick. He said that Badenoch can be too eager to get into a fight but he praised her for going against the grain and backing him when he was having trouble back in the day. The general impression was that Badenoch appears to have plenty of principles that she'll openly talk about and stick to. Jenrick also has plenty of principles and has some more if you'd prefer different ones. 

Give Gove his due, you might not agree with all his political positions but he was an effective politician and a decent man. Now that he's editing the Spectator he's a gamekeeper turned poacher and has to be worth listening to. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, cressida said:

I agree he's a clever MP,  he was perfect for Education Minister,  lets himself down by looking foolish sometimes.

Gove was an improvement on Grayling as prisons minister, simply because Grayling was spectacularly awful as prisons minister. 

I can't comment on Gove's tenure as Education Minister but I think there will be plenty who will argue he was far from perfect as Education Secretary.

45 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Gove was an improvement on Grayling as prisons minister, simply because Grayling was spectacularly awful as prisons minister. 

I can't comment on Gove's tenure as Education Minister but I think there will be plenty who will argue he was far from perfect as Education Secretary.

Plenty who will argue he was.,  whatever opinion you state there are always people who will disagree imo.

Edited by cressida
punctuation