Rwanda scheme to be scrapped straight away, what now for UK

1 minute ago, Bamanamanana said:

They aren't applying for asylum in France, as such the Dublin Agreement doesn't apply.

Appreciate a sensible response. But why doesn't France do something about the many migrant camps that blight their country and round up the inhabitants and tell them they will be deported if they don't apply for asylum which surely they would do if the Dublin Agreement was any good?

2 minutes ago, Wing Commander said:

Appreciate a sensible response. But why doesn't France do something about the many migrant camps that blight their country and round up the inhabitants and tell them they will be deported if they don't apply for asylum which surely they would do if the Dublin Agreement was any good?

Haha, strayed out your depth, is it? Hope you brought your water wings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Wing Commander said:

There are probably many reasons, French internal law, international law, UN treaties... none of which are anything to do with the Dublin Agreement.

You are talking about a problem that Dublin wasn't supposed to fix, so unsurprisingly it doesn't.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Haha, strayed out your depth, is it? Hope you brought your water wings.

You would need water wings in a paddling pool.  You've been called out and taken to the sword by implying the UK migrant problem was created by the UK leaving the EU which is not true. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wing Commander said:

You would need water wings in a paddling pool.  You've been called out and taken to the sword by implying the UK migrant problem was created by the UK leaving the EU which is not true. 

Except that I didn't - that might be the implication you took, in which case that's your error. I was making the point that Brexit has reduced the options the UK has in response to the Channel crossings - which I think is beyond debate. So far, you seem keen to prove my point that people who voted to leave the EU are not going to admit to having contributed to the problem.

3 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Except that I didn't - that might be the implication you took, in which case that's your error. I was making the point that Brexit has reduced the options the UK has in response to the Channel crossings - which I think is beyond debate. So far, you seem keen to prove my point that people who voted to leave the EU are not going to admit to having contributed to the problem.

A text book example of backpedalling.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Wing Commander said:

Wonder what Marine le pen's plans are for it.

Edited by cressida