Rwanda scheme to be scrapped straight away, what now for UK

23 hours ago, Longcol said:

Disprove it, given 75% of boat people are granted asylum. If you weren't pretty desperate would you really choose to cross the Channel in a rubber dinghy?

If I was desperate I'd stay in France not pay thousands to do a treacherous dinghy crossing, its that unsafe they lose their ID on the journey.

2 hours ago, Top4719 said:

If I was desperate I'd stay in France not pay thousands to do a treacherous dinghy crossing, its that unsafe they lose their ID on the journey.

:thumbsup: . How bad is life in France ? 

13 hours ago, cressida said:

Wonder what Marine le pen's plans are for it.

Unfortunately if she has any plans she can't implement any yet.

I bet Rwanda has been approached by a number of EU countries to enquire about replacing the UK in the agreement.  Starmer should try to offload the agreement to another country and get some money back.

10 hours ago, hackey lad said:

:thumbsup: . How bad is life in France ? 

Depends where you are.

Some parts of Paris are apparently like ghettos now.  I visited Marseille and Perpignan a couple of years ago and at night there is definitely an edge that's rather unsavoury. 

4 minutes ago, Janus said:

Just been watching sky news, and they said the first boat of the new government  has just arrived.

Wow,

I was really expecting that they would cease immediately and that the foundations for new homes would be underway.