Are pavements now for car parking?

just noticed this more than ever , road after road cars parked fully on the pavements? its about time this was sorted, parking on street corners blocking viewing ect. no one cares, take blackstock road cars just parked fully on pavements inc those with front drives, no one cares theres no rules enforced , is this the way society today is going?

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Ring parking services

0114 2734567, they are pretty good in my experience and came out 3 times out of 4 to slap tickets on my nuisance parkers.

One dipstick parked his work van across our factory gates.

• Like 2

if drivers did not park partly on the pavement on our street , no one would be able to get through , no off-road car parking spaces available. plenty of grassland that we cannot park on  unless we happen to have a council van or lorry .

35 minutes ago, bassett one said:

just noticed this more than ever , road after road cars parked fully on the pavements? its about time this was sorted, parking on street corners blocking viewing ect. no one cares, take blackstock road cars just parked fully on pavements inc those with front drives, no one cares theres no rules enforced , is this the way society today is going?

I thought parking on pavements is now illegal ? 

3 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

if drivers did not park partly on the pavement on our street , no one would be able to get through , no off-road car parking spaces available. plenty of grassland that we cannot park on  unless we happen to have a council van or lorry .

I can understand it in some places but some people do it anyway .

• Like 1

But if the pavement is wide enough for a car to park on there and for pedestrians/pushchairs/wheelchairs to get past safely, isn't that a better idea than parking fully in the road and causing bottlenecks for traffic? 

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

Where I used to live, this was sorted by double yellow lines down one side of the road.

When its tarquin time round here you cant see the pavement for cars parked on them!!!

Brightside Motors use the entire pavement as a scrapyard on a permanent basis

• Like 1