Are pavements now for car parking?

7 minutes ago, cressida said:

Some have garages they don't use,  if the house frontage is paved three cars can b parked on it.

That was what you said, and what I was replying to. @bassett one suggested tarmacking the grass verges - equally counter-productive.

I live down a lane which is tarmacked and has no drainage - when we get heavy rain, it floods easily. Fortunately, a section of it runs along a riverbank/grassed area, so we do have a bit of relief, but we still get flooding.

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

That was what you said, and what I was replying to. @bassett one suggested tarmacking the grass verges - equally counter-productive.

I live down a lane which is tarmacked and has no drainage - when we get heavy rain, it floods easily. Fortunately, a section of it runs along a riverbank/grassed area, so we do have a bit of relief, but we still get flooding.

Watch out for sinkholes then

3 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

1 minute ago, bassett one said:

but when they did the tarmac for the whole of sheffield they could while all the equipment was on hand used some of the grassed areas and made parking areas

Which, as I said, could increase the flooding risk - grassed areas are natural 'flood prevention'.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cuttsie said:

200 yards for a bloke with no legs is like climbing Everest with a bag of coal on your back . Some disabled people use cars , not me by the way .

They can also apply for a Disabled Parking bay directly outside their house/drive....

1 minute ago, Ghozer said:

They can also apply for a Disabled Parking bay directly outside their house/drive....

Not at ours you can’t asyou have to cross a grass space to get to us , we are not allowed to park out side